FM3, Roland FC200 and Morningstar MC6 pro delay in switching scenes

ibanezmark

Hi,

I have set up a Roland FC-200 midi foot controller into a Morningstar MC6 Pro into the FM3.
I've set all the PC and CC like I want and everything work as intended, but when I switch from 1 scene to another (within the same preset) there is a (approx. ) 1 second delay in the switching.

I even tried the FC-200 directly into the FM3 and there is also a small delay, while switching on the FM3 is gapless.

I use midi for almost 20 years now and never experienced any delay in the switching. Does anybody know what might cause this problem?

when you hook just the Morningstar into the FM3 and do a midi switch is there any delay?

i've got a FM3 mark1 , not getting any midi latency in switching with the mc8 , or currently the laptop doing midi switching

How is the Roland doing scene changes?

Specifically, what midi is being transmitted?

Are you using CCs or PC Mapping?

Is it sending on a specific channel or all channels?

I think I found the problem. As soon as I selected a scenes the whole preset was reloaded (because I wanted to reset the effects I manually switched on or off).
When I just switch the scenes, it really is gapless. In the past I used my own amp and cab, now I use the amp block and IR, so I guess that takes some loading time :)

If I find a way to select the right preset for the bank (FC-200) I can just switch CC. Not sure how to do that yet (I use around 6 presets per gig).

I think I found the problem. As soon as I selected a scenes the whole preset was reloaded (because I wanted to reset the effects I manually switched on or off).
When I just switch the scenes, it really is gapless. In the past I used my own amp and cab, now I use the amp block and IR, so I guess that takes some loading time :)

If I find a way to select the right preset for the bank (FC-200) I can just switch CC. Not sure how to do that yet (I use around 6 presets per gig).
Why not just set Scene Revert to ON?

Why not just set Scene Revert to ON?
I had to check what that does. I does fix another problem I had, so thanks you for that.

On the FC-200 I can select a bank which contains 10 presets (the 10 footswitches). I can program the presets on the FC-200 any way I want, but mostly it will be just a scene (on the FM3) or a scene with an effect (which was bypassed in the scene, but turned on with a CC).

In order to selected the right scene in the right preset on the FM3, I need to select the preset first (so it's loaded). In the past (not on a Fractal Audio device) I programmed in the preset (FC-200) in a way, that the right preset (on the effect device) was always loaded again. It didn't contain any cabs or amps, so it loaded pretty quickly.

Now I have to find a way to load the preset (FM3) when I select a bank (FC-200).

I had to check what that does. I does fix another problem I had, so thanks you for that.

On the FC-200 I can select a bank which contains 10 presets (the 10 footswitches). I can program the presets on the FC-200 any way I want, but mostly it will be just a scene (on the FM3) or a scene with an effect (which was bypassed in the scene, but turned on with a CC).

In order to selected the right scene in the right preset on the FM3, I need to select the preset first (so it's loaded). In the past (not on a Fractal Audio device) I programmed in the preset (FC-200) in a way, that the right preset (on the effect device) was always loaded again. It didn't contain any cabs or amps, so it loaded pretty quickly.

Now I have to find a way to load the preset (FM3) when I select a bank (FC-200).
Set Ignore Redundant PC to ON.

That will make it ignore the PC message if you're already on that preset.

This didn't work unfortunately. It does switch faster, but he still seems to reload the preset.

Edit: Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Same goes for Scene Revert.
Are you sure you're sending PC only on a single channel?

The whole point of Ignore Redundant PC is to prevent reloading the same preset.

Is the midi channel on the FM3 set to a specific channel? Don't use "Omni".

Do you have PC Mapping set to ON? That could also cause unexpected behavior.

Are you sure you're sending PC only on a single channel?
No, also CC messages for scene selection and channel selection of a block.

From what I understood, the FM3 should receive the PC, but not use it (if the preset is already active), but he should still be able to execute the CC.
Is the midi channel on the FM3 set to a specific channel? Don't use "Omni".
Yes
Do you have PC Mapping set to ON? That could also cause unexpected behavior.
Yes

Last edited:
No, also CC messages for scene selection and channel selection of a block.
My question wasn't about CCs. I was asking if you're sending the PCs on a single midi channel or Omni? You should use only the midi channel the FM3 is set to...

From what I understood, the FM3 should receive the PC, but not use it (if the preset is already active), but he should still be able to execute the CC.

Yes

Yes
What happens if you turn PC Mapping OFF?

Is there a specific reason you have it ON?

Back
Top Bottom