Bug? FM3 randomly freezes (FW 5.01)

Lupo

I just posted this poblem in the forum "discussion", but I want to mention it also here. I could install FW 5.01 without any problems. I used a factory preset and wanted to change the scene. After pressing the button, the FM3 freezed, did not show any reaction. I had to reboot it.
The use of the CPU was not very high

I have problems with the footswitches randomly becoming not being responsive also. it’s been happening to me for a long time through several firmware updates. Hoping they find a fix if enough people bring it up as an issue. Starting to this come up more often now.

I just posted this poblem in the forum "discussion", but I want to mention it also here. I could install FW 5.01 without any problems. I used a factory preset and wanted to change the scene. After pressing the button, the FM3 freezed, did not show any reaction. I had to reboot it.
Go back to 5.00 or lower and check. Maybe it's just a coincidence, and you have something else damaged (power supply, fan, CPU).

Go back to 5.00 or lower and check. Maybe it's just a coincidence, and you have something else damaged (power supply, fan, CPU).
Thank you for your response. I will try it. Till now it only happend one time with the factory preset.

Same thing is happening to me , 3 or 4 times now. I am using an FC6 with FM3. Sometimes just the FM3 footswitches lockup (needs a reboot) sometimes one row on the FC6 locks up (needs FAS LINK unplugged and plugged back in). I'm on V5.00. Kinda disturbing at on a show...

Doing it for me too on 5.01 - using an FC6 as well, run my patches at 79/80% ish CPU and have always done so with no issues at all, but with 5.01 I’m experiencing the freezing issue too, needs a reboot or indeed just time to catch up with what I’m asking the unit to do via the footswitches (changing scene, layouts or whatever - running OMG9)

I’ve managed to stop it from doing by removing delay block from my main patch (which isn’t ideal) but it feels like to me that 5.01 doesn’t allow the unit to handle higher CPU hungry patches as well as previous FW’s??

Doing it for me too on 5.01 - using an FC6 as well, run my patches at 79/80% ish CPU and have always done so with no issues at all, but with 5.01 I’m experiencing the freezing issue too, needs a reboot or indeed just time to catch up with what I’m asking the unit to do via the footswitches (changing scene, layouts or whatever - running OMG9)

I’ve managed to stop it from doing by removing delay block from my main patch (which isn’t ideal) but it feels like to me that 5.01 doesn’t allow the unit to handle higher CPU hungry patches as well as previous FW’s??
Can you post your preset?

Same Issue! Only using 60% CPU. Tried dropping unused blocks, trimming unused scenes off. Same thing happens - randomly timed. No Drive pedal - just the amp tweaks adjusted via SC's for more or less drive. Plexi 50W. Sounded rather good until the crash. 2 Night Show coming up in 3 days... UGH!

Well, I'd say it's a 'per-Plexi-ng' thing. Possibly the cabinet settings? I use the Plexi on other presets with no issue.

Also per-Plexi-ing, I don't have the issue on any other amp combination presets (so far), and I've maxed the CPU around 80% on quite a lot of them with all manner of FX and tweaks w/ SC's. This is only at 60% ie. no 'warning, danger Will Robinson, nuthin' just stops responding.

Too bad bc the Plexi is a great tone for a lot of crunchy/ defined chord patterns.

This issue is not specific to the Plexi amp. I believe they are referring to the Plex Delay. I have had the lock up issue using the Plexi amp, the Bogner Shiva model, the Bogner Extacy Model and the AC20 and Bassman. Interesting that a delay block removed seems to have solved the issue for one person. I have never used use the Plex Delay. I use the tape delay and vintage digital and if I have to remove those to get the FM3/FC6 to work I will just retire from using this rig altogether- which I already have since it cannot be relied on not to lock up at a gig.

One last thing- This is also not related to the CPU usage in my case at least. Well below the 80% threshold they recommend. I usually hover around the mid 60s percentage wise.

So, here is the offending preset - the unit will freeze up and button presses etc do not work and will need a reboot - if I remove the Delay Block (which I've just shoved in here so at defaults) - it works fine, HOWEVER!!!, what I have found is if I STOP playing, the unit catches up with itself and whatever button presses I was making that weren't doing anything then all happen at once (bit like an old PC when you make too many mouse clicks!!) - you will see the CPU is around the 75% mark which should be completely trouble free. When I'm not playing its fine, it'll switch fine, no lags nothing as it used to be.

Which to me sounds like a CPU thing or 5.01 is not able to handle the higher CPU presets as it was previously - I have had other presets on older firmware (I think Beta 5 actually) be completely stable at 81/82%.

And yes @ptmanyoda and @musicianof1 we are talking Plex Delay here - this preset used to be Delay + Plex - its now Delay + MTD - the same thing happens with either of the bigger delays + normal delay in the mix.

Again, FYI, this is a 4CM patch - I don't use the Amp Modelling

Attachments

• 4CM DIA freeze.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 0
I have experienced same problems 2 times for 4 months.

Back
Top Bottom