FM3: play connect your iOS, Android or PC or Mac?

Also want to use my android for backing tracks etc and play through headphones hooked to the headphone output on the fm3. Just tried to hook my android to the fm3 going into the skinny usb port on the fm3 from the usb on the android and no dice. Tracks still play out of the android speaker. On the mooer ge250 I run from the miniplug on the android to the female miniplug on the 250 and that works fine.

Do I need to run from the miniplug on the android to the skinny usb on the fm3? To the fat usb on the fm3? Thanks!

Also want to use my android for backing tracks etc and play through headphones hooked to the headphone output on the fm3. Just tried to hook my android to the fm3 going into the skinny usb port on the fm3 from the usb on the android and no dice. Tracks still play out of the android speaker. On the mooer ge250 I run from the miniplug on the android to the female miniplug on the 250 and that works fine.

Do I need to run from the miniplug on the android to the skinny usb on the fm3? To the fat usb on the fm3? Thanks!
The "skinny" USB port is a "USB A"... That is not currently implemented on the FM3.

The "fat" port is a "USB B". This is the one you'd need to use.

I have no Android experience so I can't help you there.

I have played music from my ipad and android device 1/8 out using a stereo splitter so that you get left/right into input 2, routed it to input 1 and played along with the tracks. I know this is not usb but it works...

Usb b to usb c on the android worked!! Then two days later my android did a system update and now it just buzzes when I turn on the music app. But at least the connection works

Thank you!
Feel so dumb now... I had connected a Phone via Input2 with a complicated 6,3" Y-adapter cable.
But you cleared up that it's so easy via USB B.

How it then looks like
3A1552C4-EB29-45D9-ABE8-F529A22BD5A9.jpeg

Last edited:
A question : Do you think we could stream music from any phone via bluetooth if I plug a Bluetooth usb audio receiver dongle in the axe fx ?

A question : Do you think we could stream music from any phone via bluetooth if I plug a Bluetooth usb audio receiver dongle in the axe fx ?
How are you planning to do that? The Axe Fx has a USB B jack and USB dongles are going to be USB A...

And if you're really asking about the FM3, it does have a USB A jack but that is currently not functional.

Many (all?) Bluetooth audio receivers have analog output, so I presume you meant that instead of usb? If so, the answer is "yes".

I have conceded to using a QSC Touchmix 8. It is another pice of gear, but the control is vital. (Could also use an iPad with Stagetraxx 3 as it has EQ and Volume control as well. I am just starting to use it.)

Back
Top Bottom