FM3 P&W Content - Hook 34_2A Ambient

PRSfreak4

Power User
First preset made on the FM3 with a Hook 34 2A amp & cab combo with a parallel ambient FX chain. Played a recorded worship set for our weekend services with my PRS 513, check video from some FM3 content in the background.

Attached is the preset. The layout still use the legacy "cloud reverb" with a parallel MultDly Diffusor feeding an Analog Chorus feeding a Reverb (Asylum Hall) with a 90% mix.

This was built with some per-preset overrides assumptions, but obviously did not need it for this recorded session. Will be posting more presets and samples soon! If there's a specific amp + cab combo you want me to "cloud reverb" or test just let me know.

Cheers!

Original Song:
Breakthrough - Red Rock Worship

Attachments

• Hook 2A_2 Ambient_FM3.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
good job! lol at the giant pedal board in front of the acoustic guitar player and you have nothing?!? Crazy.

Yeah... Mr. Ryder enjoys tinkering with pedals quite a bit, mostly Strymons... He is using a Kemper for his amp models with the Div /13 amp models. He is the best musician I know though so we only push him as far as he can take surrounding grief of his pedalboard ;).

Hopefully an FM3 is in his future though! Check out Ryder's new YT channel Pop Shreds content and give him a sub if you feel inclined!:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDNLVkupoHQanaIBE9DdssA

Wow sounds great! that pedalboard... good grief what a monster, does he leave it there or does he pack that in and out for every performance?

Wow sounds great! that pedalboard... good grief what a monster, does he leave it there or does he pack that in and out for every performance?

He leaves it @ church 90% of the time... Our other guitarists who don't have any gear leverage the same board and Kemper setup. It's just absolutely hilarious comparing the capabilities of his board to the FM3 side-by-side. When things open back up, I'll get a picture in comparison and maybe even provide some sound sample comparisons for fun ;)

First preset made on the FM3 with a Hook 34 2A amp & cab combo with a parallel ambient FX chain. Played a recorded worship set for our weekend services with my PRS 513, check video from some FM3 content in the background.

Attached is the preset. The layout still use the legacy "cloud reverb" with a parallel MultDly Diffusor feeding an Analog Chorus feeding a Reverb (Asylum Hall) with a 90% mix.

This was built with some per-preset overrides assumptions, but obviously did not need it for this recorded session. Will be posting more presets and samples soon! If there's a specific amp + cab combo you want me to "cloud reverb" or test just let me know.

Cheers!

Original Song:
Breakthrough - Red Rock Worship

Curious what your CPU utilization for this preset is on the FM3. I copied your present to my AxeFx3 and it's running around 50% of the CPU. Just curious if your pegging the limits with this preset or if you have more room.

Curious what your CPU utilization for this preset is on the FM3. I copied your present to my AxeFx3 and it's running around 50% of the CPU. Just curious if your pegging the limits with this preset or if you have more room.

Good question, with the MLTDLY CHO and REV signal chain it runs around 78% so almost there. That’s a win for me though where I can run a COMP block before the amps also where in the AX8I could not.

I could add maybe a trem or rotary without issue but anything more might peg it out..

And not an Ibanez in sight... :(

But nice DK-24 in the stand!

Sounds great all around.

Thanks @unix-guy! Yeah sorry... my SN isn’t synonymous with my guitar lineup. Saddest part? I only have an Ibanez ACOUSTIC... (c’mon man!!) but... I might snag a JEM eventually, just need to consolidate a few more things on the gear front.

You rockin any Ibanez’s nowadays?

You rockin any Ibanez’s nowadays?
I have 20-ish... Mostly '87/'88 S540 models but also a couple R540s and P540 (like Satch has on Not of This Earth cover), an '86 PL1770 and an '86 RS440.

I have a handful of other guitars, too: PRS CE24, Charvel DK-24 and my Suhr Modern Exclusive (currently at Suhr for repair :().

The Suhr and Charvel have been getting a lot of play time lately.

The Suhr and Charvel have been getting a lot of play time lately.

That's a freaking sweet collection, I'll know where to ask for my next Ibanez if you ever need to move any ;)

Did you get one of the newer charvel's? Those caramelized (burnt) maple necks play super sweet... Our worship leader in the video actually has 2 now, he shifted away from Reverends:

That's a freaking sweet collection, I'll know where to ask for my next Ibanez if you ever need to move any ;)

Did you get one of the newer charvel's? Those caramelized (burnt) maple necks play super sweet... Our worship leader in the video actually has 2 now, he shifted away from Reverends:

Yeah... I've actually been thinking of thinning the collection a bit ;)

I got HSS DK24 in Shell Pink about a year or so ago. I was an Ibanez Wizard addict... But I really, really like both the feel and shape of the Charvel Speed neck.

Back
Top Bottom