FM3 Now Shipping

Maybe I am misremembering, but I could've sworn the original announcement thread went up here at 1:05 EST on April 23. How could anybody have requested to get on the wait list before then?

Anyone on the waitlist for the AX8 were transferred over to the FM3 waitlist (because the AX8 was discontinued), with the original date they were put on the AX8 waitlist holding. So everyone on the AX8 waitlist have dates before anyone on the FM3 waitlist. Also, the time was 1:05 EDT (not EST - minor clarification :) ).

Anyone on the waitlist for the AX8 were transferred over to the FM3 waitlist (because the AX8 was discontinued), with the original date they were put on the AX8 waitlist holding. So everyone on the AX8 waitlist have dates before anyone on the FM3 waitlist. Also, the time was 1:05 EDT (not EST - minor clarification :) ).

I think the ax8 list started back in March though definitely not in April. Not that it matters for me. When my name is called I’ll be buying. Just curious though since I thought it was officially announced on the 23rd of April.

I think the ax8 list started back in March though definitely not in April.

I was referring to the time the FM3 waitlist started, not the AX8 one. I do not know when the AX8 orginial waitlist started - all I know that everyone on the AX8 original waitlist was transferred to the FM3 one ahead of everyone on the FM3 waitlist (rightly so, as their waitlist dates were before anyone on the FM3 waitlist)

Huh? Nobody is talking about the AX8 list holdovers. @Admin M@ clearly said "The first FM3 waitlist requests were received on the 19th of April".

How is that possible when the announcement went out on the 23rd of April? Would love some clarity on that from our esteemed lead moderator.

I was referring to the time the FM3 waitlist started, not the AX8 one. I do not know when the AX8 orginial waitlist started - all I know that everyone on the AX8 original waitlist was transferred to the FM3 one ahead of everyone on the FM3 waitlist (rightly so, as their waitlist dates were before anyone on the FM3 waitlist)

Right. I think most of us were under the impression the fm3 list started on the 23rd though not the 19th. Being that the ax8 waitlisters didn’t have to sign up since they were just moved over. I guess that’s where my confusion is stemming from. I got on the list within the first hour of it being posted which again I thought was the 23rd. Guess I was wrong.

Huh? Nobody is talking about the AX8 list holdovers. @Admin M@ clearly said "The first FM3 waitlist requests were received on the 19th of April".

How is that possible when the announcement went out on the 23rd of April? Would love some clarity on that from our esteemed lead moderator.

Sorry I was confused what was asked... I vaguely recall that some people anticipated the waitlist being "officially" opened before it was and requested via email before April 23 to be added to it, and thus got on the front of this FM3 list, but I could be wrong.

Sorry I was confused what was asked... I vaguely recall that some people anticipated the waitlist being "officially" opened before it was and requested via email before April 23 to be added to it, and thus got on the front of this FM3 list, but I could be wrong.

Most likely that’s what happened. Lucky guys

How can one "anticipate" an unreleased product? That defeats then whole point of announcing that you're "now" accepting invitations in your press release.

How can one "anticipate" an unreleased product? That defeats then whole point of announcing that you're "now" accepting invitations in your press release.

I could be wrong. I'm not defending it in any way, just reporting what I THINK I remember. Don't remember what the logic was though, but at the time I didn't think it was unfair, so I must be missing something.

I don't want to jump to any conclusions. I'd like some official clarification from @Admin M@. Same for the Ultra-Res IR situation. And I completely understand that the entire Fractal team is juggling a lot at the moment, but they should be on hand to clarify public-facing statements they make that are causing confusion.

I think that's right. Wonder how many people that would actually be though...

How can one "anticipate" an unreleased product?

You wouldn't know it from reading every web site out there, but some people are in fact quite smart. Until recently, I had always courteously (and silently) accepted waitlist requests from those clever enough to imagine what was coming next. For example, requests for the "Fractal Foot Controller" were piled high before the MFC-101 was even designed on paper. A trickle of requests for "Axe-Fx III" started coming in several months before it was publicly announced. It was only when a certain type of customer started making unpleasant noises about this sort of thing that "predictive" waitlist requests started to be trashed.

That defeats then whole point of announcing that you're "now" accepting invitations in your press release.

Does it? I could state today that we were "now" accepting requests, because it is true.

Last edited:
You wouldn't know it from reading every web site out there, but some people are in fact quite smart. Until recently, I had always courteously (and silently) accepted waitlist requests from those clever enough to precisely imagine what might be coming next. For example, requests for the "Fractal Foot Controller" were piled high before the MFC-101 was even designed on paper. A trickle of requests for Axe-Fx III started coming in several months before it was publicly announced. It was only when a certain type of customer started making unpleasant noises about this sort of thing that "predictive" waitlist requests started to be trashed.

So, you did not accept any sort of "predictive" request for the FM3? Everyone started on the relatively level playing field of getting in after the announcement?

You wouldn't know it from reading every web site out there, but some people are in fact quite smart. Until recently, I had always courteously (and silently) accepted waitlist requests from those clever enough to imagine what was coming next. For example, requests for the "Fractal Foot Controller" were piled high before the MFC-101 was even designed on paper. A trickle of requests for "Axe-Fx III" started coming in several months before it was publicly announced. It was only when a certain type of customer started making unpleasant noises about this sort of thing that "predictive" waitlist requests started to be trashed.

Does it? I could state today that we were "now" accepting requests, because it is true.
You guys are soooo patient. 😇

Congrats on getting these into the Wild. I’m not on the list, but I can feel the tension deflating from Texas!

if you were going to buy an ax8 and had no idea about the FM3....you were going to get on the fm3 waitlist anyway....so my guess is those people had no idea that their ax8 would turn into the first FM3 invites

one day here and one day there... does not really matter.

As I've now retired from music my spot might be taken by someone else if there's of any help...

if you were going to buy an ax8 and had no idea about the FM3....you were going to get on the fm3 waitlist anyway....so my guess is those people had no idea that their ax8 would turn into the first FM3 invites

I didn't ask about that. I asked what was the first date anyone was allowed to request to be put on the FM3 waitlist.

Not an AX8 list where you got rolled over.

Not for some "future product" that you anticipated might come.

When did waitlist requests specifically for the FM3 start?

If they actually started before April 23, were people allowed to guess their way to the front of the FM3 list, specifically?

It was only when a certain type of customer started making unpleasant noises about this sort of thing that "predictive" waitlist requests started to be trashed.
I didn't ask about that. I asked what was the first date anyone was allowed to request to be put on the FM3 waitlist.

Not an AX8 list where you got rolled over.

Not for some "future product" that you anticipated might come.

When did waitlist requests specifically for the FM3 start?

If they actually started before April 23, were people allowed to guess their way to the front of the FM3 list, specifically?

👨‍🦱

Back
Top Bottom