FM3 Now Shipping

So from the first email verification (not mine), it looks like all that is shipping now is "FIRST RUN" units WITHOUT any headphone jacks for $950. It says the full production units with headphone jacks won't come until APRIL, a the full $999. APRIL? Is this true?

Last edited:
Apparently not the first run units they are shipping with the initial invites. At least that's what it looks like from the invite posted
I do not use the headphone jack (even on my Axe Fx3) I only use the XLR into a scarlet as this produces better mix results for live gigs. IMHO.

Not that it affects me as I didn't get on the waitlist until November, but this is pretty disappointing. The "Shipping now" is really "Shipping April . . . perhaps" . . . .

I may have used the headphone jack on occasion however not a dealbreaker for me especially with a 5% discount baked in. Invite says, "a number of "first run" units" which is a good sign that they have a bunch vs. limited supply. I was late with my waitlist request at 5 days post launch so my fingers are crossed that enough invitees before me want to wait for the production model with the headphone jack. --- noting that this is a positive post, glad to hear the news of the headphone-jack-less units being waitlisted first...

Last edited:
Orrrr, you could look at is as Fractal is allowing the early sale of some early production units without headphone jack, for those who have no need or desire for it, which will help reduce the waitlist for those desiring the headphone jack, when full production units start shipping in April... your happiness is determined by your outlook and attitude...

Fortunately April isn't very far away. Not that that date was supposed to be announced publically. Delays and issues can happen so I'm not saying anyone should set expectations... But seems like a fair deal for those who don't mind being early adopters and getting a discount. I just worry about people getting burned by one of these units on the resale market.

Orrrr, you could look at is as Fractal is allowing the early sale of some early production units without headphone jack, for those who have no need or desire for it, which will help reduce the waitlist for those desiring the headphone jack, when full production units start shipping in April... your happiness is determined by your outlook and attitude...

Exactly. It is a plus in both ways although many won't see it that way because they want it their way now. A lot of people don't need the headphone jack... so this helps make the list smaller when they ones with the jack are available. It is a win win really but I understand people will still be upset. Upset with Fractal seems like a trendy thing to be.

You know, I try to be the seeing-eye dog type (see Matt's recent "Guard Dogs" post) and generally have a positive attitude, but I can't fathom a good reason why they didn't tell us about this situation many months ago? What a weird way to find out. Oh well.

Now we'll all have to endure yet another FM3 drama gongshow on social media, way overblown by the negative types into a bigger deal than it is.

Personally, I'd be happy to save $50 and take the earlier invite. I'd consider that missing jack a badge of honor proving I own a RARE, limited edition FIRST RUN unit (how's that for positivism?)

Personally, I'd be happy to save $50 and take the earlier invite. I'd consider that missing jack a badge of honor proving I own a RARE, limited edition FIRST RUN unit (how's that for positivism?)
Same here, but I doubt that many of us will have to worry about it....how many could possibly have been built before they caught that? * sigh *

I'd consider that missing jack a badge of honor proving I own a RARE, limited edition FIRST RUN unit (how's that for positivism?)

Exactly !

"how many could possibly have been built before they caught that? * sigh *"

That would be assuming it was a mistake...? ;-)

This is beyond disappointing to me. My main usage for an FM3 is recording and practicing in headphones.

I find it odd that they are releasing units in this fashion and honestly don’t know what to make of it.

Don’t know what’s going on under the hood, so I don’t know if this is even possible, but... since they aren’t moding these units to include a headphone jack, I would think that it’s just not possible.

Am I missing something?

I’ll share a theory which I am sure everyone will love (sarcastically or otherwise).

It would be only these “first run”/ “incomplete” models that people who planned to flip could get...likely causing the markup to be either lukewarm...or non-existent.

Should it remain an option (and it better), I am holding out for the unit as originally described.

I’ll share a theory which I am sure everyone will love (sarcastically or otherwise).

It would be only these “first run”/ “incomplete” models that people who planned to flip could get...likely causing the markup to be either lukewarm...or non-existent.

Should it remain an option (and it better), I am holding out for the unit as originally described.
How are they really considered "incomplete" though? A lot of us don't even care about the headphone jack.

Back
Top Bottom