FM3 Now Shipping

I was 4-23-19 1:23PM.... Looks like I might pass and wait for the FM3 with the Headphone Jack........
We'll see what I decide when I get the Invite....

Last edited:
My confirmation is from April 24th at 12:58pm so I think im getting close. Can't wait to get it. Plan to use it first to record a couple of projects. I am a fractal newb so I expect to have to spend some time with it to get it dialed. I, fortunately, have a close friend that is a fractal expert so she can help me out with it.

My confirmation is from April 24th at 12:58pm so I think im getting close. Can't wait to get it. Plan to use it first to record a couple of projects. I am a fractal newb so I expect to have to spend some time with it to get it dialed. I, fortunately, have a close friend that is a fractal expert so she can help me out with it.
PauleyB_I'm betting the learning curve is not as great as you think, assuming you have some experience with modelers. Things just sound pretty fantastic with Fractal right out of the box. I've had an AX8 and currently use an Axe Fx III --- don't need to dive super deep into every parameter to get a great tone (there are thousands of parameters -- don't get overwhelmed). You're gonna love it.

Yea I assume the amount of waitlist signups from 4/23 announcement to even 3pm EST (where I am) is much larger than the whole AX8 waitlist they just went through.. I hope I'm wrong, but it seems logical that most people would sign up on a brand new wait list than a list for a product that is out in the wild already, with used ones available.

Just my feeling, don't want anyone to take this as "fact" or anything.

Plus, NDSP's new product had what was it, 2000 units preordered for a $200 deposit in 48 hours? FM3 had no deposit requirement, so that first day must have been unreal with the signups.

Yea I assume the amount of waitlist signups from 4/23 announcement to even 3pm EST (where I am) is much larger than the whole AX8 waitlist they just went through.. I hope I'm wrong, but it seems logical that most people would sign up on a brand new wait list than a list for a product that is out in the wild already, with used ones available.
I am on the list 27 minutes after you. I agree with you, but I hope for our sake, you are wrong. :tongueclosed:

In these, wierd and dark times, there's still something positive happening. April 27th here, we're getting there. But as someone mentionned, I presume that there must be a LOT of preorders on April 23rd alone. So lets quarantine and chill a bit I guess

Apologies if this was alluded to before and I missed it, but in the vein of a previous question, are the units to be received at Fractal HQ in the next 4-6 weeks going to be enough to satisfy the whole of the waitlist assuming most everyone pulls the trigger? If not, are we talking weeks, months, or a year plus to get to the point where the unit is stocked for immediate dispatch? I don’t necessarily care where I’m at in line or an exact timeline on when I might expect an invitation, but I do think knowing this would be nice.

I feel like this method of asking avoids talking hard numbers (RE: competitive market insight) and therefore hopefully allows for some kind of answer.

Apologies if this was alluded to before and I missed it, but in the vein of a previous question, are the units to be received at Fractal HQ in the next 4-6 weeks going to be enough to satisfy the whole of the waitlist assuming most everyone pulls the trigger? If not, are we talking weeks, months, or a year plus to get to the point where the unit is stocked for immediate dispatch? I don’t necessarily care where I’m at in line or an exact timeline on when I might expect an invitation, but I do think knowing this would be nice.

I feel like this method of asking avoids talking hard numbers (RE: competitive market insight) and therefore hopefully allows for some kind of answer.
Nice. Let us know how that works out..

Today's FM3 invitations were sent, and we're now on to the people who signed up after the FM3 press release. In other words, the AX8 list is behind us!

Firstly, I would like to thank you guys for the status updates. I am seeing a lot of really cool videos surface now that the FM3 is shipping. I am concerned, though, as I have not yet received an invitation to purchase the headphone jack version of the FM3 (I did receive an invite to purchase the non-headphone jack version). I signed up for the AX8 wait list last year on April 13th. Should I be concerned about your above update - yet have not received an invitation to buy a headphone jack FM3? Should I have received an invite? I have been watching my inbox like a hawk, but have not received an invite yet. I own quite a bit of high end gear and have to admit, getting an FM3 is about as excited as I have ever been to get my hands on a new product. Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards,
Mike W.

Nice. Let us know how that works out..

I’m getting like a ‘I wanted to ask, but didn’t because I’d rather be a part of the group that didn’t ask and sits back to wait for Fractal to potentially shut down the earnest question that applies to everyone and that everyone wants to know, mostly so that if they do, I can play the “I didn’t ask” card,’ vibe from your comment. Not really helpful?

I’m getting like a ‘I wanted to ask, but didn’t because I’d rather be a part of the group that didn’t ask and sits back to wait for Fractal to potentially shut down the earnest question that applies to everyone and that everyone wants to know, mostly so that if they do, I can play the “I didn’t ask” card,’ vibe from your comment. Not really helpful?
Busted 🙄

Look, there’s no secret code to asking questions here. Questions have been asked, and some answered. Some have not, and clearly will not be answered. no matter how you ask.

You had your chance.

Firstly, I would like to thank you guys for the status updates. I am seeing a lot of really cool videos surface now that the FM3 is shipping. I am concerned, though, as I have not yet received an invitation to purchase the headphone jack version of the FM3 (I did receive an invite to purchase the non-headphone jack version). I signed up for the AX8 wait list last year on April 13th. Should I be concerned about your above update - yet have not received an invitation to buy a headphone jack FM3? Should I have received an invite? I have been watching my inbox like a hawk, but have not received an invite yet. I own quite a bit of high end gear and have to admit, getting an FM3 is about as excited as I have ever been to get my hands on a new product. Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards,
Mike W.

Kind Regards,
Mike W.

You’ve obviously not followed events here. There are no headphone version of the FM3. Eventually, there will, but the optimistic, pre-COVID19, estimate was April, which has probably been pushed quite a bit by now. Just be patient and you’ll get an invite at some point.

Back
Top Bottom