fm3 megatap

So, I was looking up reverse reverb and found another thread discussing axe fx3 megatap options and none of the extra megatap options appear on my list. Is this normal? I only have megatap with one option, default.

So, I was looking up reverse reverb and found another thread discussing axe fx3 megatap options and none of the extra megatap options appear on my list. Is this normal? I only have megatap with one option, default.
Did you upgrade to 5.0b? If so, did you download the latest FM3 Edit?

no no!i dont see the new types/presets of megatap delay as they come with axe fx3 update. maybe fm3 megatap block is not sync with axefx3 firmware updates.

no no!i dont see the new types/presets of megatap delay as they come with axe fx3 update. maybe fm3 megatap block is not sync with axefx3 firmware updates.
No, it's there as a block choice in the list. I have beta 4 installed and FM3 Edit 1.05.04. What are you using?

The megatap block is there, yes, but I also don't see the different types the wiki tells me should be there. When I place the block on the path there's only Config and Mix pages available, no place to select type. Either that, or I'm going blind and / or stupid(er).

FM3 and editor both up to date.

The megatap block is there, yes, but I also don't see the different types the wiki tells me should be there. When I place the block on the path there's only Config and Mix pages available, no place to select type. Either that, or I'm going blind and / or stupid(er).

FM3 and editor both up to date.
Oh, Gotcha. My bad. Yeah, no, I don't even have a "Types" dropdown the Megatap either. I didn't know we were supposed to have anything there; but you're right: on the Wiki it lists a bunch that should be there (on the Axe III, at least). @rglr - do you know if these are being added to the FM3? Thanks!

EDIT: Edited for clarification.

Last edited:
i see the megatap delay block i dont see these types (copy fromhttps://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=Megatap_block#Available_on_which_products) :

Types​

Firmware 17.01 and later:

1. Bounce
  2. Bounce Reverb
  3. Brute Force Reverb
  4. Creaky
  5. Deceptions
  6. Diffusion Swirl
  7. Gated Reverb
  8. Late Bloomer
  9. Lazer Zaps
  10. Megaverb
  11. Motion Echoes
  12. Ping-Pong Echo Verb
  13. Reverb Pre-Swell
  14. Reverse Reverb Echo
  15. Serpentine Swells
  16. Staccato Spread
  17. Tank Taps
  18. Tap Verb Grit
  19. Tap Verb Plush

Yeah, no, I don't have anything in the "library" for the Megatap either.
The Library is on your computer and for use with the editor. The only things there are things YOU saved. Neither firmware nor editor updates create or modify things in the library.

The Types are part of the block.

If they aren't showing from the editor then try Refresh After Firmware Update... Or else the editor may be missing an update.

Do you see them from the front panel?

The Library is on your computer and for use with the editor. The only things there are things YOU saved. Neither firmware nor editor updates create or modify things in the library.

The Types are part of the block.

If they aren't showing from the editor then try Refresh After Firmware Update... Or else the editor may be missing an update.

Do you see them from the front panel?
Nope; it's not even a page in the block. And yup; you're right - Library is my own settings. There's not even a Types menu so without that context, I figured it had to be the Library lol. Oh well. Maybe we'll get it, maybe not. I can't imagine a few settings presets would not be able to run on the unit, but hey, I have no idea how these things work :D

Screen Shot 2022-02-09 at 5.56.23 AM.png
On the front panel you only have a "Config" and "Mix" page.

Nope; it's not even a page in the block. And yup; you're right - Library is my own settings. There's not even a Types menu so without that context, I figured it had to be the Library lol. Oh well. Maybe we'll get it, maybe not. I can't imagine a few settings presets would not be able to run on the unit, but hey, I have no idea how these things work :D

View attachment 95889
On the front panel you only have a "Config" and "Mix" page.
Seems like an oversight... But maybe not.

@Admin M@ - looks like there’s three users in this thread alone that aren’t seeing the Types either on the machine with the latest FW or in the latest FM3 Edit. Should we report it as a bug in the beta thread or just reload FW and report back? Any suggestions?

The release notes only mention Flanger, Plex Delay, and Multitap Delay blocks, not Megatap.

Back
Top Bottom