Wish FM3 looper

The first loop length is 10 seconds, and you want that the second loop length will be 30 seconds, or 50,60….

There is no "second loop".

The Looper has a maximum loop length. The loop will be as long as what you record up to the maximum loop time.

If you want to overdub over a longer loop, play the original loop longer...

If you want anything more that a very basic loop function, you need to buy a separate loop pedal.

I think i was a little misunderstood…i know that I can’t have more then the basic looper functions (this is a wish list). I just wish that i will be able to duplicate the first loop several times (like in a little less basic looper), and then overdub on the duplicated loop. Is it to much to wish…?
:)

I think i was a little misunderstood…i know that I can’t have more then the basic looper functions (this is a wish list). I just wish that i will be able to duplicate the first loop several times (like in a little less basic looper), and then overdub on the duplicated loop. Is it to much to wish…?
:)
it would need to have 2 tracks, where the first track is 1 measure, and the 2nd tracks syncs to that time. like the boss double pedal one.

Again, this is a wish list.
The Quad Cortex has this function (and more), so I guess it’s possible also in the FM3.

Again, this is a wish list.
The Quad Cortex has this function (and more), so I guess it’s possible also in the FM3.
From the man himself:

Loopers have unique hardware requirements, i.e. lots of memory. General-purpose guitar processors like the Axe-Fx don't need the amounts of memory that loopers require and adding that memory for a single effect would increase costs, probably considerably. Furthermore the processors used in products like the Axe-Fx are limited in the amount of memory they can address. The DSP used in the Axe-Fx III is the most powerful commercial DSP available but it's still limited in it's memory address space.

Also, most loopers trade off bit-depth and sample rate for loop time.

Therefore you're unlikely to ever find a multi-effect that has the loop time and features as a dedicated looper.

If I were to make a dedicated looper I probably wouldn't use a DSP but something like an ARM with a lot of external address space. There isn't really much audio processing required, it's mostly memory access.

Thanks for your answer, but I still don’t think that duplicating a loop (like in the cortex) need a lot of memory. It’s like making a 30 seconds loop from a 10 seconds loop. Something similar happens when you use the half speed function.

Thanks for your answer, but I still don’t think that duplicating a loop (like in the cortex) need a lot of memory. It’s like making a 30 seconds loop from a 10 seconds loop. Something similar happens when you use the half speed function.
No... The Half Speed almost certainly just cuts the playback frequency in half. It doesn't change the loop itself.

Additionally, making the loop 3 times as long will require 3x the amount of memory. That's how it works...

FractalAudio (user name) is only the creator and owner of Fractal Audio (the company). I think he might know a thing or two.

The FM3 can handle with a 30 second loop? I think it can. So a 10 second loop, duplicated by 3, needs more memory?
I know that the man himself knows much more than me, and I love the man because he made an amazing multi effect that makes me happy every time I am using it, but l am not sure he answered the same question.

The FM3 can handle with a 30 second loop? I think it can. So a 10 second loop, duplicated by 3, needs more memory?
I know that the man himself knows much more than me, and I love the man because he made an amazing multi effect that makes me happy every time I am using it, but l am not sure he answered the same question.
You'd still be capped at the max loop time.

The memory for that is already allocated.

However, there are "layers" to this. I don't think it's impossible but given the history of the Looper and wishes related to it, I would be surprised if this were added.

Also, why not this?

If you want to overdub over a longer loop, play the original loop longer...

I think the point @fcs101 was trying to make is the the Looper is not intended to have all the features of high end standalone loopers. It's more like a utility block.

Anyway, you're free to wish :)

Back
Top Bottom