FM3 Into Power Amp and Cab

FM3 --> SD PS170 --> Mesa 4x12 (Practice)
FM3 --> SD PS170 --> Bogner 1x12 (Stage)

I just recently purchased a Fryette PS-2A to check out. While it has a lot of nice features - most of which I will probably not use, I'm not sure it is that much better/different of a sound. I recorded some files last week that I plan on posting sometime soon. Just my .02.
Why do you use a 1x12 instead of the larger 4x12 for stage? Is it just not wanting to lug the 4x12 around or do you prefer the tone from your 1x12 for stage or…?
I have a SD PS200 on the way and so I’m reading up more about cabs n such.
Thanks.

Why do you use a 1x12 instead of the larger 4x12 for stage? Is it just not wanting to lug the 4x12 around or do you prefer the tone from your 1x12 for stage or…?
I have a SD PS200 on the way and so I’m reading up more about cabs n such.
Thanks.
I use the 1x12 for a couple reasons. 1) I do like the tone, although now that I have installed Eminence DV-77s and V30s in one of my 4x12s, I am really digging that sound. 2) The deduction in weight and size is a huge factor, especially on out of town gigs. Overall, I like the tight response of the 1x12 and as long as the sound system is decent, I will use that. If I know the venue sound system is bad, I will use the 4x12.

In the group I am in that uses IEMs, I usually don't even use a cab. Usually I do not rely on feedback, so the need for an actual cab is low, and with the in-ears on, I'd have to turn up the cab so loud to hear it, the FOH would hate me. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom