FM3 in the house, a few quick observations

I just got an FM3 and find I cannot get the same tone as in YouTube videos. It sounds ok but not as rich. I use a EC1000 LTD going into a 2I2. Had the same problem with amp sims. I think a tube preamp pedal i have is richer sounding than the FM3. The Mueller videos knock your socks off and he is playing stock presets. Have used every amp sim available and it's kind of always the same old story. I mean it really should sound way better than a Laney Pulse pedal but does not. Any ideas?

I just got an FM3 and find I cannot get the same tone as in YouTube videos. It sounds ok but not as rich. I use a EC1000 LTD going into a 2I2. Had the same problem with amp sims. I think a tube preamp pedal i have is richer sounding than the FM3. The Mueller videos knock your socks off and he is playing stock presets. Have used every amp sim available and it's kind of always the same old story. I mean it really should sound way better than a Laney Pulse pedal but does not. Any ideas?

what are you monitoring with? Is it a new unit or used? Have you tried resetting factory settings?

Post a sound example of your recording result.
One through the modeler and one through hardware. Or at least the modeler.

Otherwise it's impossible to give meaningful advice.

Does the FM3 switch scenes and presets and seamless as the Axe Fx 3?
It does not currently switch presets, scenes, or channels seamlessly. Even switching amps using just channels has a big gap. So far this is my only gripe about the unit. From what I hear, there was an update to the AxeFX 3 that made switching faster, and supposedly it's coming to the FM3 in the future.

I'm buying the FM3 because it has three switches, not in spite of it. I love minimal guitar rigs.
I think it’s a bit more than that.

Three buttons implemented the way Fractal does, results in enough freedom to actually use the unit. Other companies would give us three on-off switches, which are OK on a guitar pedal but the FM3 or FX3 are not simple guitar pedals.

I’ve had three different flavors of Helix and their footswitch implementation is fine for someone wanting a big pedal board but gets in the way when compared to sensing switch down, up, long-press, etc. The switches that sense those positions are powerful.

Not yet. The stuff that speeds up the preset and scene changes hasn't been ported yet but it's on the docket.

It does not currently switch presets, scenes, or channels seamlessly. Even switching amps using just channels has a big gap. So far this is my only gripe about the unit. From what I hear, there was an update to the AxeFX 3 that made switching faster, and supposedly it's coming to the FM3 in the future.

I just got an FM3 last week and switching Scenes or even amps (by using Channels A-D) has quite a gap in audio IMO. Has this firmware update from FXIII been ported over to the FM3 yet? Maybe I am doing something wrong in my setup? To be fair I spent most of time with the factory presets switching using Scenes and it seems quite obvious to me.

I just got an FM3 last week and switching Scenes or even amps (by using Channels A-D) has quite a gap in audio IMO. Has this firmware update from FXIII been ported over to the FM3 yet? Maybe I am doing something wrong in my setup? To be fair I spent most of time with the factory presets switching using Scenes and it seems quite obvious to me.
So, I sold my FM3 not too long after posting my original response here. Then, just last week I bought another one to give it a try now that the product is more mature and there have been some significant firmware updates. From some real quick testing, it seems like the gap is muuuuuch shorter than I remember it being. I'm running the newest 3.02 beta firmware.

I've also heard that setting your reverbs to economy should help, although it seems like that should really be independent of amp channel switching.

Back
Top Bottom