FM3 + HX Effects

This thread made me dig out my old AXE FX Mark II that is only good for effects. The amp and cab blocks are corrupted or whatever somehow. Anyhow, I still updated it to the latest Ares and turned off all the amp, drive and cab blocks. I ran my FM3 into it, whet to a Mesa Mark IV lead preset, turned off all the post cab effects and use the ones on the Mark II. It sounded great and was a lot of fun. Reminded me of when I would run my tube amps into one of my TC, Lexicon or Rocktron multi effects units, only this sounded much better. I might keep it hooked up like this for a while. I don't gig or record, so the extra scrolling time is no problem.

So I did this.
It works great & Frees up CPU as I use the PolyCapo from the HXFX which is better than the Currrent FM3 Virtual Capo (Not ported from AxeFX3 yet)
I use the Switch on my Mission Wah Pedal to bypass the Out2/In2 Loop to minimize AtoD conversions when in Standard Tuning
So I can switch presets perfect & I have the Capo on the Top Left & the others are 5 Scenes
I have the FM3 in FM3 Only Layout 4
I have it Preset-Tuner-Effects
Usually switch over to Effects where I have Drive1-Drive2-CS2 (ControlSwitch 2 I use on some presets for the AmpBoost)FM3nHXFXb.jpgFM3nHXFXa.jpg

This looks great!
Are you running into a PA or FRFR speaker?
Are you running the HXFX into the FM3 or in the loop? Have you tried integrating external effects such as a drive or modulation? Four cable method to you can place effects pre/post the amp?

This looks great!
Are you running into a PA or FRFR speaker?
Are you running the HXFX into the FM3 or in the loop? Have you tried integrating external effects such as a drive or modulation? Four cable method to you can place effects pre/post the amp?

I have the HXFX in the Out2 In2 Loop of the FM3. There is some slight additional Noise when this is Active, so I use my Mission SP1 to Bypass that Out2 In2 Loop to keep things more Quiet & Save A/D Conversions when Not Necessary. The HXFX makes a great Controller for the FM3.

I run FOH giggin & Run to a Friedman ASC-10 as my Stage Monitor/Amp as I've never geled with FRFR as I lose the Feel & Useable Guitar Feedback...

I have the HXFX in the Out2 In2 Loop of the FM3. There is some slight additional Noise when this is Active, so I use my Mission SP1 to Bypass that Out2 In2 Loop to keep things more Quiet & Save A/D Conversions when Not Necessary. The HXFX makes a great Controller for the FM3.
Are you using humbuster cables? Perfect for this situation.

Sorry to necro this thread. Recently grabbed an FM3 and am adoring it after not really getting along entirely with an HX Stomp-based board. I do miss some of the effects, though, notably the drive pedals from the Helix. Wondering about incorporating the HX Effects, but would want to be able to have some effects before amp (drives, etc.) and some after (mods, time-based, etc.) -- is there a way to wire up to do this?

Sorry to necro this thread. Recently grabbed an FM3 and am adoring it after not really getting along entirely with an HX Stomp-based board. I do miss some of the effects, though, notably the drive pedals from the Helix. Wondering about incorporating the HX Effects, but would want to be able to have some effects before amp (drives, etc.) and some after (mods, time-based, etc.) -- is there a way to wire up to do this?

Place the FM3 in the HX FX effects loop. Put the HX drive blocks ahead of the loop, and time based effects after.

Or, if you’re only interested in using the HX drives, put it in a loop in the FM3 and place that loop ahead of the amp block in the FM3.

The HXFX looks like a fantastic pairing with an FM3. HXFX is my favourite unit out of the series and I love the interface. It's also a great midi controller, adds a lot of switches, tuner/tap, and lots of fantastic effects that are equal to the FM3 and in some cases better, IMO (drives, delays, some modulations).

I currently have it paired with a Stomp, mostly HXFX in front and Stomp in the loop of my Mesa Electra Dyne, but I do mess around with the Stomp's modelling and stereo FRFR sometimes. I'm thinking of trying the FM3 in the Stomp's place, for fun.

I actually tried to replace my HXFX with the FM3 for 4cm with my Mesa last year, but ended up going back to the HXFX and liking it a lot better for that application. But the idea of pairing the two together seems super cool.

Back
Top Bottom