FM3 hanging up after startup and switching

Sixstring

Legend!
Ok so I have noticed that after startup when I go to preset, effects or try to use the tuner the FM3 is no longer responsive to switch commands. It still makes sounds and depending on where it hangs up I can switch presets or turn on and off effects on the FC6 but there is no button highlights to let you know where you are! This was happening in the last firmware and figured it was a bug or something and would be fixed in the latest FW. Moving the the latest FW did not change anything in fact seems to have made it worse.

Before moving to the BFW 3.02 it would do this occasionally but not every time on startup. I have re-loaded just to make sure it wasn't the FW and it is still doing it.

Any clues would be helpful!

You stated that this also happend with a firmer FW from time to time. Does the problem also accurs when FM3 is stand alone working ?I suggest to do first a factory reset, load an older FW Version, also reset the fc 6 to factory valuae. the 3.02 is beta so there might be some Bugs anyhow thats whats Happening with Beta Releases. no USB hubs in the chain or any other Multiplexing devices ? In other threads this caused several stranke behaviours of the unit.

I have not tried to disconnect the FC I am running the OMG files so I will give that a shot next! I did roll back to 3.01 after posting and I was able to get back to the way thing were working. The problem still is there just not like it was with the Beta.

Thanks for the tip!

Nope not it... but I think it's a particular preset. Can someone be so kind to load this up and give it a try? It is setup for the OMG 9 layout that has a few CC parameters assigned.

I went to some other stock presets and I am not having any problems until I go to this preset. Basically a stock preset that has been modded.

Attachments

• FM3-Top Boost.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 3
Ok, so I did a factory reset again and I also reloaded all of the stock presets and reloaded the OMG9 files. I am still having the same issues with stock presets.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Sure, my 2 cents, try building a few patches from scratch see if you can reproduce the problem from patches you create, for me while presets done by factory are nice all mine are new I have made and have not experienced any of the problems you are having.

Sure, my 2 cents, try building a few patches from scratch see if you can reproduce the problem from patches you create, for me while presets done by factory are nice all mine are new I have made and have not experienced any of the problems you are having.
I gave that a shot as well. I also took it out of the OMG-9 layout deleted the files thinking that might be the problem. Setup in layout 1 after a few preset changes and the FM hangs up. I can still make changes using the FC, press and holding for the master layout but the FM3 is non responsive.

Getting pretty frustrated!

So I did loaded your preset and didn't have any of the problems you described, I did however at first experience upon the first load it appeared that my OMG9 layout disappeared though it could just be me (I'm not that efficient with FM3), after reboot I loaded the preset up, I did remove the modifier on the Reverb mix as well as the amp input boost as I was trying adjusting the sound a bit for my taste and headphones, once somewhat dialed in I looked at the OMG9 layout which looks and worked as expected I also tried alternating tuner and presets from yours to one of mine, there is somewhat of a delay between presets but scenes as you know are seamless and quick, I don't know what to say outside making sure any peripherals i.e. 3rd party EVs or switches are working and wired correctly. Possibly contact support... I'm guessing, in my experience strip diagnostics is always a good way to start see if you can create the problem with just the FM3 no FC6, no peripherals.
Cheers and good luck,

Attachments

• Top Boost-daveo.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 0
Thanks man! I guess I'm going to have to set up a ticket, I'm out of ideas.
Good luck, update the post after you get support I'm interested in what the problem is, I dread troubleshooting new hardware, theirs always chance the unit is defective.

Good luck, update the post after you get support I'm interested in what the problem is, I dread troubleshooting new hardware, theirs always chance the unit is defective.
They are looking into it as we post! I don't know if it's the hardware as I have had the FM sense April of last year. Although that doesn't mean something has gone wrong recently. I have done a few small gigs with it nothing rough, I still suspect software but we'll see. I fired up last night and played for an hour hoping to get a video of the problem in action and it seemed to be fine, I even loaded up the OMG9 layout and not one problem go figure.

Just an update on this issue, Bryant sent me a messaged version of the beta to make switching more robust and so far I have not had any problems. I only have about an hour playing and switching with no issues which is a huge improvement over what I was dealing with!

Huge thanks to Bryant and FAS team for taking extra time to look at the issue and present a fix!

Back
Top Bottom