FM3 guitar plays through "phones" but not XLR Output into monitors

vincejazzer

Hey all,

I've been playing my guitar with FM3 connected to my PC through USB while monitoring with headphones. I can hear the guitar and tracks on the pc just fine.

Recently got monitors and connected everything to xlr out L and R. Audio can be heard from the PC but can't hear the guitar!

This is the connection I want to accomplish imgur.com/a/T05aGQz
Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

Last edited:
Please post a picture of your grid/layout. Obviously, something is wrong here, but without context, kinda hard to diagnose

Thanks for the responses guys. I returned the monitors and will be going back to headphones.
Didn't like the constant hiss on the 308P Mk2. Must be a JBL issue.

Will come back to this topic once my Adam Audios arrive.

Thanks!

Thanks for the responses guys. I returned the monitors and will be going back to headphones.
Didn't like the constant hiss on the 308P Mk2. Must be a JBL issue.

Will come back to this topic once my Adam Audios arrive.

Thanks!
Does that mean you figured out the issue?

FWIW, I have some Equator monitors that have a constant pulsating hiss. It’s super annoying when there’s nothing being played through them, but you can’t hear it once there’s any signal coming through. I don’t know of any monitors that are perfectly silent, but when it’s time to upgrade, this will be something I look for.

hey guys, just an update on the the issue:

the connection i had mentioned works perfectly! ()
i can hear both the guitar input and audio from the pc thru the monitors which is connected with xlr cables.

i believe it was due to updating the fm3 to firmware 6.00 and/or the latest version of fm3 edit. i did both the same time so not sure which did the trick.

regarding the hiss on monitors,

i exchanged the jbl 308p mk2 for adam audio t8v and...

the hiss is still present but not as bad as the jbls. it comes from the tweeter and can be heard with just the speakers on (no signal input cable)

Both the jbls and adam audios models are advertised as "affordable" so im probably getting what i pay for

thanks and merry Christmas!

Back
Top Bottom