FM3: G66 availability?

Guys i am sure its just related to the USB stability they want insure
ill bet they are planning to release 1.06 in the coming week
its holiday in the US

Sorry guys I’m one chapter behind here. What’s the issue with the USB? I’ve received the FM3 last week and I’m quite concerned now

Not trying to be a drama queen, but...
As quality engineering in a big company, I understand that on-time delivery is a must for customer service, and blocking deliveries (most of times) are due to major quality problems, typically when you're figuring out if a recall may be done or not.
Maybe, and hopefully, this is not the case and FAS has its own planning on this... And that's legit.
But this is uncomfortable enough to provide, at least, a brief explanation to the customers, just for clarification.
I'm a loyal customer and really understand the nightmare for them during the release of the FM3, and I also assume that there will be hardware revisions and modifications on the FM3 in the near future, but this makes me feel pretty uncomfortable with a unit that I've already paid, just received, and not yet used.
And please, no more "FAS doesn't own you anything" this time. This is a matter of good practises

Not trying to be a drama queen, but...
As quality engineering in a big company, I understand that on-time delivery is a must for customer service, and blocking deliveries (most of times) are due to major quality problems, typically when you're figuring out if a recall may be done or not.
Maybe, and hopefully, this is not the case and FAS has its own planning on this... And that's legit.
But this is uncomfortable enough to provide, at least, a brief explanation to the customers, just for clarification.
I'm a loyal customer and really understand the nightmare for them during the release of the FM3, and I also assume that there will be hardware revisions and modifications on the FM3 in the near future, but this makes me feel pretty uncomfortable with a unit that I've already paid, just received, and not yet used.
And please, no more "FAS doesn't own you anything" this time. This is a matter of good practises
This is exactly the reason why I’m concerned. It’s quite a weak claim to talk about the release of a new FW. I would also stop the deliveries only if it could help to contain and reduce a possible recall

Believe me what Fractal is doing is in your best interest. I know squat but I know a good company when I see one. Let them do you right for crying out loud.
“For crying out loud” ? The FM3 launch has been a bumpy ride, largely due to circumstances out of FA’s control but a little more/better communication would have gone a long way... and the “FA doesn’t owe you a thing” ship has sailed, now that they are forcing the EU distributor to sit on units that were paid in full with good money.

“For crying out loud” ? The FM3 launch has been a bumpy ride, largely due to circumstances out of FA’s control but a little more/better communication would have gone a long way... and the “FA doesn’t owe you a thing” ship has sailed, now that they are forcing the EU distributor to sit on units that were paid in full with good money.
Sorry, I could have worded that better but in the states we have chaos with fires, protests and a lot of people dying. 😘

My guess is FAS already has a release candidate for the 1.06 fw and wants to make sure all new units ship with the new firmware. Since G66 doesn't flash beta firmware seems logical to pause shipping for a moment to guarantee better stability of new units and avoid more support calls if people potencially find all the bugs now ironed in 1.06b.

My guess is FAS already has a release candidate for the 1.06 fw and wants to make sure all new units ship with the new firmware. Since G66 doesn't flash beta firmware seems logical to pause shipping for a moment to guarantee better stability of new units and avoid more support calls if people potencially find all the bugs now ironed in 1.06b.
Sure, but why not let your customers know instead of leaving it completely open to speculation, and once again the community only knows because a customer shared an email, not even from FAS?

IMHO, FAS simply posting in the forum about it would avoid all this.....

Just like the no headphones batch, people were not impressed, and you'd figure FAS would not keep making the same mistake with communication.

Just makes no sense to me.

Fail to see what one thing has to do with the other. Life is the EU isn’t all love and peace at the moment either, though.
Just that there are many more important things to be considering than a potentially very short additional delay that might be in your best interest.

I was under the impression that the United States and Canada would be the first to receive *all*of the waitlist units of the FM3 and be the beta testers before the EU or g66 were even shipped.

Anyway, it is a Labor Day holiday weekend here and I'm sure there will be an announcement forthcoming by Tuesday at the latest.

Sorry, I could have worded that better but in the states we have chaos with fires, protests and a lot of people dying. 😘

Guess what? There are other countries other than the USA in the world and they have troubles, too.

But we're not on this forum to talk about politics or news. We're here, and specifically on this thread, because I paid my earned money only to have my unit sit in a room waiting for who knows what, without any further (and at this point overdue) explanation. Is it firmware? Ok, no problem: but now that I paid and I am the owner of that unit then I want to know. All this halo of mystery around the FM3 is becoming disturbing :confused:

That sounds more than reasonable, and I can surely wait - by the way a week more doesn't change a thing ;) But why not informing the customers?

Back
Top Bottom