FM3 Freezing problem (just before a gig!)

PieroPPP

Hello, I have installed 7.00 quite some time ago without particular issues

Now that in five days I have a gig, sometimes FM3 has started freezing after a while (connected to a pc), with a sound like if it was simply bypassed, nothing works but rebooting, but if in the middle of a song it takes a lot!

Any ideas/suggestions?

for not making USB ports go to sleep on Windows. Not sure it can cause that,
It can definitely cause the problem on macOS.

The computer and OS don't really seem to care whether the modeler is a drive, they just tell it to go to sleep and somewhere in their USB stack they must be flagging it as disconnected. The modeler doesn't know to sleep or wake up, so the two are out of sync. Disconnecting, waiting a little while, then reconnecting should do the same as rebooting the modeler because it tells the computer something is alive on that port.

I used to dig into the programming manuals for that stuff but that was a long-ago former life. After I figured out that telling the OS to not sleep my drives my modelers and Edit connections became extremely stable, where prior to that they'd drop the connections multiple times a day, basically every time the computer went to sleep.

I too have seen this, most when connected to Windows FM3 Edit, while using Scene Controllers.

Seems better with a Scene Controller working 1 parameter vs multiple parameters.

OG FM3 at 69 - 70 percent CPU.

Back
Top Bottom