FM3 Firmware Version 8.00

O

ok post preimpostato
solo quando lo accendi sulla scena primaria, poi tocchi il blocco o cambi scena volume si abbassa e quando torni alla scena primaria 1 torna normale

No comprendo.

Yes, when change preset primary scene sound louder then louder scene (randomly, sometimes sound good primary scene as well). If I change scene an then come back to primary all preset work fine.

multiple people saying they're experiencing different volumes after booting the unit, then they change scenes or presets for the first time and it all goes back to what it should be.

also possibly saying that Kill Dry isn't turned on immediately after boot, but after changing a preset or scene, it is correct.

seems related.

if i'm reading all these posts correctly.

No comprendo.
I don't know English, I use the translator. I loaded above the preset as you asked. when you open it for the first time on scene 1 it plays louder, and it seems the problem is in the delay block. then by changing the scene it is normalized or by touching the delay block from the editor. if I restart as the machine tries the same thing until I touch the options above. in any case I loaded presets by putting factory cabs

più persone affermano di riscontrare volumi diversi dopo l'avvio dell'unità, quindi cambiano scene o preimpostazioni per la prima volta e tutto torna come dovrebbe essere.

forse anche dicendo che Kill Dry non si attiva immediatamente dopo l'avvio, ma dopo aver modificato un preset o una scena, è corretto.

sembra correlato.

se sto leggendo correttamente tutti questi post.
Yes

multiple people saying they're experiencing different volumes after booting the unit, then they change scenes or presets for the first time and it all goes back to what it should be.

also possibly saying that Kill Dry isn't turned on immediately after boot, but after changing a preset or scene, it is correct.

seems related.

if i'm reading all these posts correctly.
Yes

I noticed something about Gapless Switching that I'm wondering if others are seeing as well. Say I have several scenes in a preset set up, and each scene activates one of the 4 amp channels - when I switch scenes, I do get pretty dang close to gapless switching as the different amp channels are activated. However, when I simply change the amp channel, I get a much more noticeable gap, more like previous FWs. Is this expected behavior? I have all settings in their correct place for gapless, and this occurs whether I"m switching from FM3 footswitches, knobs on the unit, or FM3 edit.

I recorded both from factory preset 43 (JVM OD 1), letting one chord ring out and switching first by scenes, and then just switching the amp channel. Screenshot attached, trying to link recordings but I"m getting a spam warning so I can't link the audio. You can clearly see though that switching the amp channel has a noticeable gap, whereas switching scenes that also changes the amp channels is virtually gapless. Any explanation for this? If this is just how it works that's fine, I mostly use scenes anyway (and having this gapless is a godsend).

Screen Shot 2024-04-30 at 10.24.06 PM.png

O

ok post preimpostato
solo quando lo accendi sulla scena primaria, poi tocchi il blocco o cambi scena volume si abbassa e quando torni alla scena primaria 1 torna normale

Bug confirmed!

Save this preset to the unit.
Power on the FM3.
Using the editor, simply selecting the Delay block on the grid immediately lowers the volume.

@rglr

I noticed something about Gapless Switching that I'm wondering if others are seeing as well. Say I have several scenes in a preset set up, and each scene activates one of the 4 amp channels - when I switch scenes, I do get pretty dang close to gapless switching as the different amp channels are activated. However, when I simply change the amp channel, I get a much more noticeable gap, more like previous FWs. Is this expected behavior? I have all settings in their correct place for gapless, and this occurs whether I"m switching from FM3 footswitches, knobs on the unit, or FM3 edit.

I recorded both from factory preset 43 (JVM OD 1), letting one chord ring out and switching first by scenes, and then just switching the amp channel. Screenshot attached, trying to link recordings but I"m getting a spam warning so I can't link the audio. You can clearly see though that switching the amp channel has a noticeable gap, whereas switching scenes that also changes the amp channels is virtually gapless. Any explanation for this? If this is just how it works that's fine, I mostly use scenes anyway (and having this gapless is a godsend).

View attachment 139715
at this time yes. the FM3 is trying so hard :D

Also post your preset.
Jimi JM45 FW8: when changed presert primary scene works with wet delay only. Change scene and come back to primary and preset work fine/click on editor delay block and work fine
Legacy FW8: when changed presert primary scene sound louder than oder. Change scene and come back to primary and preset work fine

Thanks!

Attachments

• Jimi JM45 FW8.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Legacy FW8.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 2
hi anyone noticed anything strange with the display on top of the second footswitch of the fm3? (i have the fm3 turbo)
it seems on this fm that the display text is not centered correctly and if you put a long string as a scene name a square appear on the right (i don't have the fm3 with me I'll post pictures when I'm back home next week)

View attachment 139715
Have you activated the gapless settings in the specific menu yet?

hi anyone noticed anything strange with the display on top of the second footswitch of the fm3? (i have the fm3 turbo)
it seems on this fm that the display text is not centered correctly and if you put a long string as a scene name a square appear on the right (i don't have the fm3 with me I'll post pictures when I'm back home next week)
Yes this has been brought up since the Turbo launched. I believe it specifically has to do with longer names and the screen trying to “wrap” the text somehow.

Bug confirmed!

Save this preset to the unit.
Power on the FM3.
Using the editor, simply selecting the Delay block on the grid immediately lowers the volume.

@rglr
I’ve had a similar issue where a preset loads up silent, then as soon as I click on the (series) Delay block in the editor the sound starts to work. I can’t repeat this bug afterwards as the preset then works ok.

Just had the parallel Delay block not doing kill dry (so output volume is higher) until I clicked on the bypassed block in FM3Editor with this preset.
Works as expected until the Fm3 is rebooted , when it happens again first time preset is loaded.
FW 8.00
FM3Edit 1.06.09
Windows 10

1714564279794.png

Attachments

• MB Guitar.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 5
Back
Top Bottom