FM3 Firmware Version 8.00

Thanks FAS! Everything went smoothly here too.
My main amp in real life is an multiwatt Recto and within the FM3 it is Recto 2. It changed its behavior with FW8.0. With my old settings it sounded bad, it shifted in feel, low end response and low mids. A few tweaks and everything is back. Modeling was great with FW7 already, at this point everything sounds above amazing.

If you already upgraded all presets and reset the amp block on all presets with the beta version, do you have to do it again on the final version?

So Update Presets, yes or no?
Follow these steps
  • Setup > Global Settings > Config > Spillover must be set to “ALL”
  • Your presets must be saved under firmware 8.x or newer. You can do this manually in any of the usual ways or use the automatic utility in: SETUP > Utilities > Preset > Upgrade All Presets.
    IMPORTANT: Saving a preset under 8.x makes it incompatible with previous firmware versions!
    Use Fractal-Bot to make a backup first in case you ever revert to an older firmware. Make backups!

Is the "default speaker curve" in setup->config of FM3-Edit new? I feel like that was a requested thing (?) but didn't know it was implemented nor when.

I beleive Yek reported that when you do the Upgrade Presets in Utilities on the unit, it does reset your presets. Has anyone confirmed this?

Nope, I did not.

Upgrade All Presets (Utility menu) does only one thing: re-save all presets on the unit.
Re-saving is required (only this time) to enable gapless presets changes.
That's why I've suggested earlier to change the title from 'Upgrade All Presets' to 'Re-Save All Presets', to prevent confusion.

[Edited]
Because loading old presets under the new firmware will also update certain amp parameters (see OP), executing 'Upgrade All Presets' will also make sure the presets get saved with those new defaults. That's specific to this firmware. And nothing gets 'reset'.

Last edited:
Nope, I did not.

Upgrade All Presets (Utility menu) does only one thing: re-save all presets on the unit.
It's required (only this time) to enable gapless presets changes.
That's why I've suggested earlier to change the title from 'Upgrade All Presets' to 'Re-Save All Presets', to prevent confusion.

It does NOT touch or change the presets in any other way. It doesn't affect amp modeling. And no 'reset' whatsoever.
That isn't what @Admin M@ posted on Facebook...

9E86458D-3240-4D2B-BD62-CAAE1443C4E5.jpeg

Edit:

Actually, that's not quite clear... It isn't resetting the Amp block but the parameters requiring reset are loaded when the preset loads and then gets saved.

I seem to detect a bug on the delay block in the kill dry, preset saved with activated, but when the machine is turned on it sounds with a higher volume, as if it were read with kill dry checked off, then just click on the delay block from the editor or change scene and everything subsides back to normal. the problem reoccurs when you turn it back on, there seems to be a bug that doesn't memorize the kill dry, then you just need to touch something and it synchronizes.
Have others detected this? in my case only delay block, specifically stereo tape but I think it's the block in general

I seem to detect a bug on the delay block in the kill dry, preset saved with activated, but when the machine is turned on it sounds with a higher volume, as if it were read with kill dry checked off, then just click on the delay block from the editor or change scene and everything subsides back to normal. the problem reoccurs when you turn it back on, there seems to be a bug that doesn't memorize the kill dry, then you just need to touch something and it synchronizes.
Have others detected this? in my case only delay block, specifically stereo tape but I think it's the block in general

post the preset.

Ok so once and for all for anyone that knows 100%: after updating to FW8 and then performing an "Upgrade All Presets" Utility function, actual amp block resets on existing presets ARE STILL then required to have fully updated Cygnus X-3 modeling - correct?

We don't seem to have clear answers on this, with conflicting posts across both this and the beta thread and general confusion. I just went ahead and used FracTool to reset all the amp blocks in all my presets anyway so as to retain my boost and a few speaker page settings, as the release notes clearly state that hard or soft amp block resets are required to fully update the modeling. But it would be nice to have a simple "Yes, you must reset amp blocks to have full updated modeling regardless of 'Upgrade All Presets'" or "No, performing an Upgrade All Presets in effect does this as well and resetting amp blocks afterwards is unnecessary". Because I think as someone stated earlier, "Upgrade All Presets" does in fact leave all settings in each preset untouched, whereas soft/hard amp block resets always default certain settings like the speaker page, boost, output EQ etc.

The new FW is truly amazing, but this aspect is certainly confusing for us regular old users!

I have Installed new firmware 8 ok my FM3, when I change preset immediately sound with more volume, if I change scene and then come back to previous scene all it's ok and start to work ok. Another problem is that when I change preset delay sound just wet, need select delay block or change scene for work done all the preset.

Didn't happend every time but randomly (upgraded preset and did RAF).

I've tried to reinstall firmware and I did system reset but didn't work.

What can I do?

Back
Top Bottom