FM3 Firmware Version 8.00 beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I set it at -18 to be sure, knowing that clipping may occur. Give it a try!
I had it on -18dB for a couple of years, and changed to -6db after installing fw8. I think it improves the feel, makes it easier to play. Can't prove it though, just a feeling, so I stick with it :)

Anyone else have issues with the tempo output1 level? It is incredibly high. Sorry if this has already been posted - late to the update to the 8.0 beta.

I can see why that might be a sensible decision!
On v7.0 the output was as you’d expect. With v8.0 beta one click on the output1 dial and it’s at the level you would want most times. If you’re used to spinning the output to 12 o’clock like me this is deafening. Somethings gone wrong with these level settings on v8.0, or my unit. A minor issue as I can just be very careful with the control. It does say -38 dB after the smallest on increment but is clearly much louder.
Could also be I’m an idiot of course.

Also ... to be clear. It's the metronome volume for a click beat where the output level seems to have shot up out of control from V7.0 to v8.0 beta on my FM3. - Sorry should have made that clear at the start.

Já houve uma sugestão de adicionar um item de menu global que permite decidir se deseja ou não carregar o DynaCab na inicialização?

Obviamente, seria adequado para aqueles que nunca os usam, reduzindo o tempo de inicialização para cerca de 20 segundos (?)

Bem
ótimo!

Thanks Fractal! That update is just killer. Really love the 100w Marshall models. I recorded some noodling with the 100w Plexi Jumped. That amp is so dynamic... there is no need for different scenes, volume pot delivers everything from clean to mean (love the gapless switching though!!).

I've been playing around with the FM3 on beta 8 using the FAS Hot Rod amp.

I read the wiki on the "HI FREQ and HF Reso" parameters in the "Speaker" page on the Amp block and tried raising the HF Reso parameter to get a bit more highs on the amp.

While I do this, the graph looks alright (the amplitude at higher frequencies increases on the display) but sonically, I hear the sound getting muffled.

Using the "4x12 Recto Straight" curve, if I turn the HF Reso down to 5, from what the "Speaker Imp. Curve" value defaults which is 8.12, I hear more clarity than if the "HF Reso" is dialed all the way up.

Am I misinterpreting this parameter and/or my hearing is shot?

I've attached a very simple preset I'm using while trying out Beta 8.

Attachments

• FM3-rodded.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 10
possible bug - on per preset overrides - on layout links,
- layout links don't work, not sure if this is a recent bug or an old one, but layout links only work on layouts, not on the per preset overrides.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom