FM3 Firmware Version 8.00 beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wrote channel.

Cool :) I didn't realise you are a Beta Tester.

So can I please clarify with you ......

=> does selecting / highlighting ... say the Amp Block or a Drive Block ... and then hitting ctrl+i ... reset all the primary and advanced settings in that block back to the original FW Factory settings for that block for the FW version being run (?)

Thanks,
Ben

Cool :) I didn't realise you are a Beta Tester.

So can I please clarify with you ......

=> does selecting / highlighting ... say the Amp Block or a Drive Block ... and then hitting ctrl+i ... reset all the primary and advanced settings in that block back to the original FW Factory settings for that block for the FW version being run (?)

Thanks,
Ben
It resets the channel.

It resets the channel.

Ok .... any chance of getting a specific block-related answer to my specific block-related question 🤷‍♂️ ?

I've done a once over in the manual and couldn't find the answer - not saying its not there though ?

Ben

Ok .... any chance of getting a specific block-related answer to my specific block-related question 🤷‍♂️ ?

I've done a once over in the manual and couldn't find the answer - not saying its not there though ?

Ben
The info you seek is in the Wiki. Ctrl+i (windows) or Cmd+i (mac) equates to a hard reset.

Thanks !...... I found the answer here => Fractal Shortcuts on page 3

Reset a Block. Select the block and hit Ctrl+I (Win) ... changes ALL of a block’s settings to default values.

Ben
the guide you reference is for the Axe2. this function was changed a while ago for the 3rd gen products to reset only the current channel you're on. you can see what that shortcut refers to in the Block menu dropdown at the top of Axe-Edit.

ctrl+i resets the channel.

the guide you reference is for the Axe2. this function was changed a while ago for the 3rd gen products to reset only the current channel you're on. you can see what that shortcut refers to in the Block menu dropdown at the top of Axe-Edit.

ctrl+i resets the channel.

OK. Thanks. Much appreciated :)

Ben

Well, guess it's pass time I take my FM3 Turbo out of the box and update it/. I use my FM9 exclusively. Only turned the FM3T on to test it and see the larger screens. Then packed it away.
I am going to switch them out for a while....weird-I know!

I'm having problems with the effects loop. I reset presets, reset amps, try different cables, but when I connect a pedal and increase the volume, there is some kind of feedback. If I don't use the effects loop the problem doesn't appear

I have also encountered the known noise gate bug. When set to intelligent there's some artifacting when playing staccato and muting. No complaints otherwise!

I'm having problems with the effects loop. I reset presets, reset amps, try different cables, but when I connect a pedal and increase the volume, there is some kind of feedback. If I don't use the effects loop the problem doesn't appear
Great update, thanks FAS!
But the same one problem with the effects loop - there is some kind of feedback when using loop.

My main preset needs 3% less CPU with the new firmware. Channels and scenes are switching gapless. But the best thing is the increased expressiveness when playing the guitar.
The product support from Fractal Audio is truly unique. Thanks a lot.

Overall great, but there's a bug, I think, with the input pad.

I noticed some clipping, and realized that my input was going on red much more than before. I figured the firmware upgrade had reset my input pad, but it was still set to 6dB (which, I think, is what I had before).

Even at 12 it seemed to be kissing the red on input more often than before, so I had to go with a 18dB pad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom