FM3 Firmware Version 6.00 beta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never timed it or paid full attention, but does the startup time of FW6.0 seem a bit quicker? I just watched it boot up after the FW installed and thought, that looks faster than I recall.

WOW! This is well worth the wait. I wasn't expecting so much new stuff.
I would have been more than happy with just the Setlists/Songs feature added, but this is heaven.

Thanks so much for the hard work Fractal team!

6.x sounds wonderful to me, and it appears my dreaded corrupted modifier parameters bug from 5.03 has been fixed, plus my kitchen sink preset's CPU is down on average about 6%, excellent!

Thank you FAS, fantastic, well worth the wait!

Last edited:
My apologies for the delay with this release. I've been working hard to reduce CPU usage. I hope you find the results worth the wait.
First thanks for your apologies but not necessary, or not more neccesary than ours for the pressure; that you were working hard was not a doubt for anybody I think.
After that as the little while I've can try it, I surprised the better quality of the overall sound and feeling touch in this FW just playing the only amp I was playing the last weeks (jm45 not jumped), that has not an specific improvement for it I read, just the general improvements.
I can't remember the trade mark of my previous guitar hardwares, hahaha.
Thanks FAS for your work, It's a pleasure play your FM3.

Wonderful update and you might have shot yourselves in the foot here as I was on the verge of buying the FM9 - that 6/7% extra CPU has made a huge difference, also for me it sounds better than ever!!

Just a question and it could be me in brain-fart mode - when I change amp model within an existing preset it resets everything on that new amp to default values and then when I switch back to the original amp that is defaulted too - is that right? I’ve convinced myself it wasn’t like that…

EDIT - Ignore the above - brain caught up - Authentic vs Ideal!!!!

Last edited:
@rglr I have two things that I have trouble with:

1) Compression standard values
2) fm3-edit lag when having 4 or more control switches
See explanation below.

Except for that everything seems to be working great. Have tested own layouts/views, midi control via airstep, expr for wah and another for global volume, standin switches, using last for control switches, control switches, songs/setlist w own view and in general and everything works great.

And what a sound! I really liked the 5.03, but 6 is at a totally another level, I seem to get stuck at every preset I test. And the bonus of getting a lot of cpu deduction is wonderful! Many many thanks FAS team!!

When cyling through them e.g. from first to last. Reproduce:
  • reset the channel. Analog then have 2 ms/100ms
  • Change to Compander; 10ms
  • Change to Dynamicomp 0.36ms/140ms
then all the rest even when I go back to the Analog have 0.36ms/140ms and not the default value
Also the Dynamics Processor doesn't seem to do anything. Gain is not moving and I dont hear any difference having it on or off
(Compander seem to have 10ms, rest keeps the 0.36ms/140ms)

When there's no control switches turning on and off effects via footswitch (internal) goes fast.
When adding up to three control switches, it's ok lag. When adding the fourth it takes about 10s before it shows in the fm3-edit.

Last edited:
I never timed it or paid full attention, but does the startup time of FW6.0 seem a bit quicker? I just watched it boot up after the FW installed and thought, that looks faster than I recall.
Thats my impression as well, seems a lot faster

Just my 2c. I run VERY simple presets/scenes (Input-Amp-Cab-Output) as I literally only bought the FM3 to replace an identical analog rig.

The main difference I am hearing in my set up (I only use the Soldano SLO100 Amp (Lead and Rhythm Channels) for guitar and the Ampeg SVT Amp for bass) is that the notes seem to be more cohesive and 'as one' with the tone - it feels more responsive and 'put together'.

I did a direct side by side with the previous firmware and I feel I'm really only noticing this difference for the better and none for the worse.

I think the CPU reduction is great for more intense users and I look forward to seeing how the Set List functionality could work for me on tour at the end of the year.

I'm hoping it's out of beta by then, however, I'll be bringing my laptop along just in case I need to revert back to 5.03 (which still sounds amazing) for whatever reason. However, this beta version seemed very stable during my first test this evening.

Thanks for the fantastic update - the FM3 has been a game changer for me and even led me to selling my real Soldano amp and cab due to how accurate the Soldano model was on the FM3. Thanks for all the hard work!

Last edited:
Hello,
first of all sorry for my english, i am french.
Thank you very much for this new update.
I find the sound more enveloping, and the gain in processor use is extraordinary.
I have not yet tested all the news, amps, drive, etc ...
Just a note, changing presets takes longer than before. I press the preset switch and nothing happens, then it activates. A little confusing at first as I thought my FC6 was no longer working...
thanks again, great work!

Last edited:
Thank you, killer update! Plexi 100 1970 sounds great, and the extra CPU savings allows me to put a preamp on the cab and bump up reverb quality.

My brother is very eager to have this update roll out to the FM9!

Thank you, killer update! Plexi 100 1970 sounds great, and the extra CPU savings allows me to put a preamp on the cab and bump up reverb quality.

My brother is very eager to have this update roll out to the FM9!
Yes, i nearly used the same tactics : when will it be on fm9?
Just asking for a friend ^^

@rglr I have two things that I have trouble with:

See explanation below.

Except for that everything seems to be working great. Have tested own layouts/views, midi control via airstep, expr for wah and another for global volume, standin switches, using last for control switches, control switches, songs/setlist w own view and in general and everything works great.

And what a sound! I really liked the 5.03, but 6 is at a totally another level, I seem to get stuck at every preset I test. And the bonus of getting a lot of cpu deduction is wonderful! Many many thanks FAS team!!

When cyling through them e.g. from first to last. Reproduce:
  • reset the channel. Analog then have 2 ms/100ms
  • Change to Compander; 10ms
  • Change to Dynamicomp 0.36ms/140ms
then all the rest even when I go back to the Analog have 0.36ms/140ms and not the default value
Also the Dynamics Processor doesn't seem to do anything. Gain is not moving and I dont hear any difference having it on or off
(Compander seem to have 10ms, rest keeps the 0.36ms/140ms)

When there's no control switches turning on and off effects via footswitch (internal) goes fast.
When adding up to three control switches, it's ok lag. When adding the fourth it takes about 10s before it shows in the fm3-edit.
Attach your preset and I'll take a look.

A bit confused on speaker thump
what is correct value for a 100 watt amp into a 4x12 w four 25 watt speakers?
Or a 50 watt into a 4x12 with four 60 watt speakers?
I don't think there is a 'correct' value. It's more a feel thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom