FM3 Firmware Version 6.00 beta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loving the new cabs and drive pedals. Can't wait to play with Setlist/Song mode. Thanks for all the hard work to bring this new functionality to the FM-3.

I'm noticing that FM-3 Edit v1.05.10 is timing out and becoming non-responsive after about 5-10 minutes when connected to my FM-3 running FW 6.00b. It works again once I restart FM-3 Edit. Not a big deal considering its a beta firmware, just wanted to share.

Thanks again!

Last edited:
Good evening .. In this relaise there is also the bbpre at signature?
Yes.

What I'm wondering is will the Aurora Delay find it's way on to the FM3 in the future. But for now I am more than happy with what's in the box at the moment, this update is just greatness all around, and well, well worth the wait.
Did you check the multi delay
The Aurora is a show case for cross fade which I see is there

Did you check the multi delay
The Aurora is a show case for cross fade which I see is there
Oh snap, it is in fact in there! I checked the Multitap Delay block, but didn't realize the Aurora was not where it was supposed to be alphabetically, but at the end of the list.

All is well!

Anyone having issues with IR's not staying loaded? I upgraded the firmware and uploaded some IR's that I just bought and they go green, successfully uploaded, but then when I turned the FM3 back on later this afternoon, they are gone.

Anyone having issues with IR's not staying loaded? I upgraded the firmware and uploaded some IR's that I just bought and they go green, successfully uploaded, but then when I turned the FM3 back on later this afternoon, they are gone.
Try the Refresh button in Manage Cabs...

This is not a minor update.

I had never really been happy with my FM3, or any modeler for that matter. It always felt flat. Thin in the treble, harsh in the upper mids, and either boomy or thin in the bass. Good enough for the audience, but I had never gotten lost playing like I do with a good amp. I usually find myself tone chasing instead of playing. I had contemplated selling the FM3 and just buying an HX effects to pair with my Amp1.

This afternoon, however, I left work at the ICU early. The wife is away, so I loaded 6.0 beta, and couldn't stop playing for an hour. It feels rounder, warmer, more dynamic, more 3D. Time disappeared the way it does every once in a while when the guitar sounds perfect. The AC15, super reverb, and Swart amps just sang. The Klone is perfect, and the SC20 might be my new favorite amp.

Maybe it's mostly in my head. I don't know. But I've never had that experience with the FM3 before.

Thank you FAS i played today with the archeon, and after playing for about 30 min, i loaded the new beta, and it was way clearer in the low ends with the same settings, not thas has been an issue for me before but you guyS improve wiht every release, awesome work. Setlist works also like a charme with beta2.

My apologies for the delay with this release. I've been working hard to reduce CPU usage. I hope you find the results worth the wait.
Very much appreciated! Some presets seem around the same, and others have a noticeable drop in CPU%. I haven't quite figured out which block(s) got the most benefit. Any info on this?

Is there any chance of getting the 'Diffusion' parameters back in the two Delay blocks? Or even just one of them? I really, really miss that. Would it help if I said that Leon Todd @2112 wanted it back too? It might not be true, but would it help...? LOL;):cool:

Very much appreciated! Some presets seem around the same, and others have a noticeable drop in CPU%. I haven't quite figured out which block(s) got the most benefit. Any info on this?

Is there any chance of getting the 'Diffusion' parameters back in the two Delay blocks? Or even just one of them? I really, really miss that. Would it help if I said that Leon Todd @2112 wanted it back too? It might not be true, but would it help... LOL;):cool:
The brunt of the CPU improvement is in code which is run for every block but most blocks received additional although minor improvements.
As for the Diffusion parameters- that might be a question for @Admin M@

I have been seeing what I can get away with in a few of my higher CPU% presets. Swapping some Reverb 'substitutes' for a Reverb block. Then gradually increasing the 'Quality' and/or the 'Echo Density' until I get a warning.

Most of the time I get a 'Warning' and/or an 'Exceeded the Max CPU%'. So I back it back down to a safe level. Which works great. But sometimes I get no 'Warning' of any kind and the unit just locks up.

Just a heads up. Maybe it is possible to fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom