FM3 Firmware Version 5.03 beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rglr

Fractal Audio Systems
FM3 Firmware Version 5.03 beta 1 is now available for download:
<Link removed. New build forthcoming.>

A new version of FM3-Edit is required for this version:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm3-edit-1-05-09-supports-firmware-5-03-public-beta-1.183431/

NEW AND IMPROVED FEATURES​

• Added “Scene Ignore” to most blocks. When set to ON, Scene Ignore instructs the block to ignore scene changes. Scene Ignore is a per-channel parameter. This allows turning Scene Ignore to OFF on one or more channels which will then allow a scene change to set the block to a desired state if the block is on that channel.
  • Added frequency and cents text to Tuner display.
  • Improved Amp block transformer/speaker interaction modeling. The “Voice Coil Resistance” parameter has been repurposed/renamed “Speaker Impedance”. The various parameters work as follows:
    • Transformer Matching: Sets the impedance ratio (square of the turns ratio) of the output transformer.
    • Speaker Impedance: Sets the relative nominal impedance of the speaker. To simulate connecting, e.g., a 4-ohm speaker to an 8-ohm output you would set Speaker Impedance to 0.5. Conversely to simulate connecting a 16-ohm speaker you would set it to 2.0.
  • Update PI Bias Excursion parameters for many Amp models based on new measurement technique.

FIXES​

• Fixed 59 Bassguy Jumped audio drop when Normal Drive is set to zero and Bright Drive is adjusted rapidly.
  • Fixed crash in Plex Delay block when Master Time is zero.
  • Fixed crash in Parametric EQ block graph when modifier update rate set to Medium or Fast.
  • Per-Preset FC Settings pages will now scroll properly.

Last edited:
Well, installed the new Editor + firmware, but that issue with the 59 Bassguy being in the amp block presets is here again; saw it in one of the earlier betas too.

"... based on new measurement technique." 🤔

Wolf Thumbs Up GIF by NTR

:smile:

Can you describe the issue you are seeing?
Sure:
  • Presets seem to loose track of "block states". the following scene had a lot of blocks disabled in 5.02
  • The Amp Block flipped from the Brit 800 Mod to the "59 Bassguy Bright"
  • Drive block went to the "Rat Distortion", was previously set to the Boss SD1
Looks like some kind of offsets going on. I did the whole "Refresh after New Firmware Upgrade" twice manually
1650651946425.png

Attachments

• drop a.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 3
Sure:
  • Presets seem to loose track of "block states". the following scene had a lot of blocks disabled in 5.02
Looks like some kind of offsets going on. I did the whole "Refresh after New Firmware Upgrade" twice manually
Thanks for the preset. I'll take a look

Sure:
View attachment 100542
Just noticed this too. Running the refresh and restarting everything to see if it remains that way @rglr if it does still look silly would you like my preset as well?

It did automatically set my middle switch to a per preset override but that’s now fixed but I’m experiencing the same thing as 2dor. Checked on unit ad well to confirm further

Nah the amp block is broken. Every preset defaults every channel to 59 bass guy bright and if you change a channel that amp is default to that channel on every preset as well. Same thing with the drive block

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom