FM3 Firmware Version 4.00 beta 2

I had strange issue with OUT2 today. When using 4CM, engaging the DRIVE block before OUT2 caused the output to be reduced in volume and the GAIN control had no affect. Similarly, the PHASER also didn't seem to do anything other than change volume level slightly. Switching to different DRIVE types and PHASER types brought back the functionality.

On 4.00 beta1 we have Cygnus, but fun work normal (= no speeding, no noise). Now, on 4.00 beta 2 fun turn on offen - why? Beta 2 comapre to beta 1 is change only output 2 volume issue fix. But in me opinion something changed also in fun managment algoritm and fun turn on more often
I've been on beta 1 and I was experiencing the same fan noise as in beta 2. Once in a while it starts. same as my laptop when doing something more processor intensive.
I can't hear the fan while I'm playing. How close are you from the unit when you play and what volumes are you playing at?

I've been on beta 1 and I was experiencing the same fan noise as in beta 2. Once in a while it starts. same as my laptop when doing something more processor intensive.
I can't hear the fan while I'm playing. How close are you from the unit when you play and what volumes are you playing at?
While on beta 2 I was sitting right next to the unit and could not hear the fan when I played, but did when I stopped. It would stop when I changed presets, then would start again (I assume it ran as I played - but as mentioned I didn’t hear it)
I’ve switched to beta 1 and it did not turn on at all in the two hours I played today.

If I go back to 3.02 firmware what version of axe edit should I get? Will the newer axe edit software be compatible with older firmware? Stupid question but I’d appreciate the info.

If I go back to 3.02 firmware what version of axe edit should I get? Will the newer axe edit software be compatible with older firmware? Stupid question but I’d appreciate the info.

FM3-Edit 1.04.01 (it's the last version) works fine with firmware 3.02 (it's the last stable version)

FM3-Edit 1.04.01 (it's the last version) works fine with firmware 3.02 (it's the last stable version)
Thanks for taking the time reply. I appreciate that. I’m gonna revert to 3.02 for now. The whole fan issue wigs me out so I’m gonna hold tight until all of this is fixed.

Using footswitches to check if my layout still working caused freeze of whole unit.
Actually one time after installation of Beta 2.
Another reboot done and switches working without hanging up the FM3.
May only a second reboot needed after doing some settings in setup.
Will report if occurring again.

Using footswitches to check if my layout still working caused freeze of whole unit.
Actually one time after installation of Beta 2.
Another reboot done and switches working without hanging up the FM3.
May only a second reboot needed after doing some settings in setup.
Will report if occurring again.
How do you reboot? Just power on and off? Or just reloading the firmware again?

I also report problems with FW4.0 b2.
OUTPUT 2: The BD Meter on the PC is in about a 60%, but the CLIP diode on the FM3 signals overloading.
Mini Display: If I try to adjust the contrast, the text becomes unreadable or disappears completely. Reset does not help.

However, it's great in terms of sound!

Anyone noticing the fan kicking on more frequently on the FM3? Prior to this update I would only hear it during initial power on. No big deal.. Just wondering if something was changed to ratchet up the processing power utilized at any given moment thus leading to more heat and more proactive cooling.. I pretty much use the same preset all the time so nothing new on my end.
Yes same here - just heard the fan for a few seconds after 20 minutes uptime. Never had this before 4.02

Hi guys, please don't kill me for this question but I upgraded to 4.02 today and wonder if there is a checklist what steps are necessary after the upgrade: eg. reset system parameters, soft reset all (all?) amp blocks, is it necessary to reset other blocks too? I just soft reseted my 4 favorite amps but it was a lot of work as I took screenshots of each settings page and compared the changes after the reset... won't do this for my 30+ other presets... will these steps be necessary after each upcomming 4.0x beta upgrade or just for 3.x => 4.0x once?

Not related to any issue I have, but is the startup fan whoosh a normal part of the POST i.e. 0 > 255 > 0 kinda thing? I think that's the case.

Hi guys, please don't kill me for this question but I upgraded to 4.02 today and wonder if there is a checklist what steps are necessary after the upgrade: eg. reset system parameters, soft reset all (all?) amp blocks, is it necessary to reset other blocks too? I just soft reseted my 4 favorite amps but it was a lot of work as I took screenshots of each settings page and compared the changes after the reset... won't do this for my 30+ other presets... will these steps be necessary after each upcomming 4.0x beta upgrade or just for 3.x => 4.0x once?
There isn't, really. Every discussion I've seen over the last.. i dunno 10 years... discussing such a thing is so subjective to an individual's setup i.e. FRFR, 4CM, and so on as to make the flowchart of tasks un-capturable.

It depends on how complex your setup is, how complex your presets are and the fact that a lot of these possible step are workarounds to issues that are obsolesced by fixes, for instance discussion about resetting amp blocks and resetting system parameters are old workaround that don't may or may not apply to the current release or beta build. That is dependent upon whether new bugs are introduced requiring new workarounds.

So you see a hard and fast "do this every time" CL is OBE almost as fast as it can be made.

Edit: That said, reading the release notes is key because there maybe be a line in there regarding a known issue and steps to mitigate that issue. So, definitely read that and heed if it applies to your individual use-case.

I ran into a new issue today (apologies if it’s been brought up). While playing, I noticed my delay wasn’t engaging. I ended up checking through the layout on the FM3 screen and noticed I couldn’t see what block was what. I was able to hit the bypass and engage it. I’m not sure yet if a reboot would have resolved the issue (I wasn’t in a place I could try), but I’ve attached a screen shot…A39ABFB3-EBE9-46EB-8744-44CA5B8B2D10.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom