FM3 Firmware Version 3.03 beta 1

Fractal has a manual for the FM3, start there, and begin to learn what you don’t know.

Inside the manual are links to the secondary manuals that cover blocks, using the foot controllers, etc., so read those too.

The wiki, and the technical notes at the top of these forums, are excellent sources of additional details useful to us such as the physics of sound, recording and amplification, electronics and the design of the real amps and devices inside the blocks... it’s really useful information to know because, in general, modelers are not simple standalone devices, and Fractal’s modelers expose more of the inner workings than any other of their competitors. To use one efficiently and effectively we have to know a lot of different things.

Reread them all several times. The manuals are really well written and the others are there to fill in the gaps. I periodically sit down with a cup of tea and pick one and look for something I haven’t learned, simply because there is a lot to know.

The forum is the last place to come after you have exhausted yourself researching in the above mentioned sources of information. Tell us in detail what you things you tried, and provide a block or preset to demonstrate what you did and so we’re all working from the same starting point as you are and to reduce any guessing or suggestions to try previously attempted solutions.
Yup, I get it. I am reading AND enrolled in Cooper's class. So the answer to even comments now are "read the manuals". LOL People learn differently and until I have done a task physically, reading about it doesn't alway sink in. Some of what folks do here is the camaraderie about a common love, guitar and FAS.

@shawnfitz1222 , no worries if you ask here and I understand the possible confusion.

Some people don't make the effort on their own to learn (other than asking people here) or complaining when the answers are out there in several places. So we (firmly but lovingly if all possible) remind anyone (sometimes ourselves) to RTFM and the wiki and the FW release notes and the OP etc.

And sometimes replies from anyone can sound snarky when they are being matter of fact. And it's sometimes hard not to react or snark back.

I mean it really isn’t hard at all to not be snarky or snappy. It’s just projection of frustration unless someone is clearly rude in text which is very rare. Stop trying to fill in other people’s blanks.

Any solid condensed versions of Coopers class for free? I just can't justify $100 on a tutorial atm (even tho I would) when I just splurged on the unit itself with some accessories.

I mean it really isn’t hard at all to not be snarky or snappy. It’s just projection of frustration unless someone is clearly rude in text which is very rare. Stop trying to fill in other people’s blanks.
I always marvel at the amount of time some people spend on snarky replies. It's far easier to ignore a post than spend time snarking at someone.

There is a lot of great references and the FAQ sticky has certainly helped me out as a pretty new FM3 owner.

How far does it go before being noticeable?
I’ve only gone as far as 4 semitones down, to get to C standard. It works very well and is playable. The only thing I’ve had to watch for when using the capo feature is that the level is high enough that I’m not hearing the sound of the strings on my guitar at the same time. If you hear them as well, it sounds strange since they are sounding different notes from what you hear from the speakers. Record it and listen to the raw dropped tone though, and it sounds great.

Gigged 3.03 beta 1 last night without any hiccups. I even played fairly well haha.

I am eager for a final version of this current firmware just to ease my mind about potential bugs popping up for me as I venture out of just my 2 gig presets.

He was a dude. I watched in amazement, admiration, and a bit of envy ... then I rationalized it as a rather soulless existence to bed beautiful women with ease.

That’s the way it works. Women tend to go for singers then drummers then guitarists.

Apparently the quickness that people throw themselves at musicians is inversely proportional to the intelligence of the musician.

Back
Top Bottom