FM3 Firmware Version 3.03 beta 1

So it's not entirely accurate that your user cabs will automatically be ultrares in the new firmware. Most of my older user cabs, which are all in ultrares format on my computer, are showing up green. Only the most recent additions in my FM3 are showing up purple (probably ones added on firmwares 3.x). If I reimport the same .sysx files, then they show up purple as ultrares in the FM3.

Well I just loaded it up and the Out 2 knob is unresponsive. There’s sound but when I raise or lower the knob nothing happens. I rolled back to 3.02 and it’s back to normal.

Do you know if it's just running full-on? I run mine all the way up for unity gain anyway - I have an older one with no headphone jack, so I run it out to a headphone amp.

in my testing, CPU overall is actually down in majority of the blocks. this Drive update didn't increase CPU for the Drive block except for a few Types, about 0.2% more. the rest are the same or less!
That's what I call wizardry!

FAS never fails to impress me. 👏

I am testing the ultra-res/standard IR options.
I don't understand how it works, or maybe there is a bug with colors.

Here is my channel A:
View attachment 81431

View attachment 81432

It doesn't matter that I select Ultra-res or Standard, and after I save the preset. The green/violet colors don't change.

Same with Channel B, but now there are always in violet:

View attachment 81433

View attachment 81434
The color only indicates that the IR is long enough for ultra-res. If you choose to set it to Standard the color won’t change, but it will change the way the IR is processed.

I really enjoy this!
thank you to the Fractal team for every bit of work you do to keep your users on the top of the food chain!!!

OMG anyone tried the TS9 Dx drive...it's insane with a 5150. The horizon drive is also awesome and more flexible than the grinder input drive. Love it!

Also...You all should go to the Pitch block. Is it me or the virtual capo is a lot better now?

yeah, TS9 is nice nice nice...

I'm having the same issue. Volume knob on output 2 is unresponsive and sounds like it is at a very high level.

I reset all parameters and no change. I'm using copy out1 to 2.

Sounds great and no problems if using output 1 only.
I’m using copy Out 1 to Out 2 as well. I’m gonna have to roll back as I’ve got a gig tomorrow night and use Out 2 for my own stage monitoring. Bummer though cause it sounds really good with the updated drive block.

The Precision Drive is sooooo good, thank you guys! Couldn't stop playing for hours and even barley touched the default settings so far...

The drives sound so good! Thanks Fractal. As other have reported, the left button shows as blank on mine. I took some pics but i don't know if they're helpful.

Attachments

• 20210409_170310.jpg
    20210409_170310.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 110
  • 20210409_170314.jpg
    20210409_170314.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 111
  • 20210409_170316.jpg
    20210409_170316.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 110
Just for my perusal, in the past (Axe Fx II), UR RES were shown in italic in the cab manage tool. Is this still the case ? If it is there must be some incoherence between the color of the cab text in FM3 Edit and the Cab manage tool. So far I'm not sure about which cab is UR or which is not. Works as a charm for the OH UR and acoustic IR cabs I have in the user cabs page. Edit : not totally, as some UR cabs are in normal type characters (not italic).

Back
Top Bottom