FM3 Firmware Release 1.04 Public Beta

I'm recording right now using the 1.04 beta via USB and the track is off by ~75ms. I am not monitoring via Ableton. Just an acoustic running through the FM3.
Couple of questions, please:
What software program are you using to record?
What version of what OS are you running?

After upgrading to 1.04 beta, most dropouts seem to have stopped but I'm getting a random distortion over USB. It lasts for 10-15 seconds and only when a string is picked (not just a blanket distortion). Has not occurred if running the FM3 via XLR to the interface.

MacOS Catalina, Ableton and Logic Pro X (both projects set to 48K).

Audio attached, I had to try and arm the track with my left hand real quick to catch it.

After upgrading to 1.04 beta, most dropouts seem to have stopped but I'm getting a random distortion over USB. It lasts for 10-15 seconds and only when a string is picked (not just a blanket distortion). Has not occurred if running the FM3 via XLR to the interface.

MacOS Catalina, Ableton and Logic Pro X (both projects set to 48K).
What’s the buffer size setting in Logic?

128 sample buffer in both Ableton and Logic.

It's unpredictably rare - once an hour? Just put half an hour in via Logic - no distortion but I was getting some momentary audio drops/pops still.

128 sample buffer in both Ableton and Logic.

It's unpredictably rare - once an hour? Just put half an hour in via Logic - no distortion but I was getting some momentary audio drops/pops still.
It was unpredictable, but more frequent than that, for me when I was running 32 samples. 128 solved it completely for me. But I'm running no plugins, no VSTs or VSTis -- are you running a lot of those?

No worries at all Bryant....there is tons to keep busy with this amazing unit :)

Randall.....what would you like with your Crown ? Coke or Ginger ? :)

Ok glad im not the only one with this prob, are you having latency too along with the noise?
I did the 1.03 beta and seemed to really help only to find it is back next day, so bummed

Back
Top Bottom