FM3 & FC6. Issue with FC edit

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
Cannot get a inc and dec of a 1 press on the view. Trying to make the FC6 flip with 1 press each time, from scenes to effects and back. Tried with inc and dec of the layout and still only get FX the 1st press. 2nd press(not hold) should take back to scenes, but is not.

Advise please. This a glitch?

Screenshot 2024-01-01 at 5.40.00 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-01-01 at 5.44.54 AM.png

I should not have to do this and designate a button for each. I should be able to basically toggle between the 2 views or 2 layouts. NEITHER are working for me.

Screenshot 2024-01-01 at 6.02.06 AM.png

With the switch function set for view, does it have the toggle option? Effects do but not sure about the view.

Are you trying to change the layout or the view or both? View is the other 'half' of the layout for a FC6. It enables you to use all 12 switches of each layout, six at a time.

To just toggle between scenes and effects try this. Set a direct layout selection on the same button of the two different layouts. In my case Scenes is Layout 2 and Effects is Layout 3.

1704112594266.png

1704112553117.png

Neither of these options worked. I am just not getting something right. I mean my way, by increasing view by +1 and do a lower limit of 1 and upper of 2 with Wrap should work??!!!?!?

From what I have seen so far in your screen captures above, you have set up a tap function (increment view) and layout link on a single switch (Layout #1 Switch #2). That increment function will only work for that single switch (Layout #1, Switch #2). It should change the view to View #2. If you want the same physical switch to then switch back to View #1 then you have to set up that tap function on the switch for (Layout #1, Switch #8). Complicating this is the fact that you also have a layout link assigned to the switch which changes the layout.

From a programming view, there are 108 virtual switches (controlled by the 6 physical switches on the FC6). The 108 switches correspond to 6 switches x 2 views x 9 layouts = 108. Think of these as 18 groups of 6 virtual switches. Each time you change either the layout or the view (or both) the 6 physical switches on the FC6 are controlling a different group of 6 virtual switches. The functions (e.g. View incr) are assigned to the virtual switches. Therefore if you want to toggle between two views, you need to assign a function to a virtual switch in one view AND assign the same/similar function to the corresponding virtual switch in the other view.

Try this:
1. Get rid of the layout link
2. Assign the tap function of Switch #2 in Layout #1 to Increment the View
3. Assign the tap function of Swtich #8 in Layout #1 (View 2) to Increment the View (same assignment as above)

Then when you're in View #1 pressing the switch will take you to View #2. Pressing the same physical switch will take you back to View #1.

The screen captures I included above have:
1. One physical switch (#3) which toggles between the two views (tap function)
2. One physical switch #6) which toggle between Scenes layout and Effects layout (tap function).
These are copied directly from my current setup and they do work.

Instead of using the View Increment (and wrap) I have just directly assigned the functions to load specific View (1 or 2), but it accomplishes the same thing.

Last edited:
If your switch is in one View and you change View you are now using a different switch because you're in a different View.
I know, trying to get it to switch to different view and function. Thus far hours spent and nada. Think I am hanging it up for the day.

I have never loved the ease of use with the layouts, layout links, per preset and the show edits on and multi views. It really gets confusing and I have not even mentioned the stand in switches yet!

Last edited:
I know, trying to get it to switch to different view and function. Thus far hours spent and nada. Think I am hanging it up for the day.

I have never loved the ease of use with the layouts, layout links, per preset and the show edits on and multi views. It really gets confusing and I have not even mentioned the stand in switches yet!
Personally I think they are very easy to use once you understand everything.

Can you please describe in detail what you are trying to accomplish?

This isn't clear:
trying to get it to switch to different view and function

The instructions above from @scarbodave seem like they should work to address your specific View increment/decrement problem.

Personally I think they are very easy to use once you understand everything.

Can you please describe in detail what you are trying to accomplish?

This isn't clear:

The instructions above from @scarbodave seem like they should work to address your specific View increment/decrement problem.
I simply want the OMG 9 with my FM3 and FC6 to work same. I just want to toggle between Scenes and Fx's using 1 button and withOUT hold function.

Update: I was forget to to switch Layout link 1 to view 2. This is did it.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I still think this Layout area should be reworked to be a little friendlier. It could be easier IMO.

Back
Top Bottom