FM3 Fan issues after Cygnus

I had a high cpu usage (~85%) preset loaded for nearly 2 hours and never heard the fan. Same as previous firmwares. CPU temp low 50's.

Where do you put the FM3? Not on a carpet?
I've already reported this in the beeeeta 2 thread. It's really cold here now, but the fans are on quite often, yet the CPU is still below 53C and the CPU load around 65%. Multiple people reported it as well. It's not that the fan goes crazy and stays on all the time, but it's on more often and for longer time than before.

I didn't check temp, but my fan was running pretty steady for the last 1.5 hrs.

Yes, I loaded chungus and played for 4 hours (on two amp models). Thanks Fractal. :)

mine's on the desktop. it turns on and off but if i'm playing i can't hear it. what's the issue here?

You never used FW version lower than 1.05? Back then the running fan was common during the summer.;)
Dead serious. I went from 3.02 to Cygnus Beta 2 yesterday. I honestly do not think my fan has ever run until last night - unless it was while I had headphones on or something. It sits on my desk and gets plenty of air, so...

This is why tube amps still rule for some uses. Hot summer days are nothing like the temp the tubes subject the amp to , and non dsp based floor effects don't generate heat either. Sometimes analog rules.

I never heard the fan kick on before on my FM3 until the latest firmware. Temp was a little under 55 degrees C.

Back
Top Bottom