FM3 + EMGS - Help

zerolight

Inspired
I've just installed the EMG SL20 Lukather set in my Strat. I plug into the FM3 and there's a slow ramp up in sound but it still sounds weak. If I turn the volume now it makes a weird noise, beeps and thumps and instantly goes to zero. Wind it back up, same thing, then a slow whoosh in sound level, but never to full output. Is this clipping? Is it noise gate? Is it something else? Can I even use my FM3 with EMGs? Pretty disappointed. If I plug my PRS with regular pups in, it works as expected.

Did you check on a regular amp to confirm your wiring / battery / connections are all good?
When using EMG’s you may need to apply an input pad of -6 or -12 dB to prevent clipping of the input

I've just installed the EMG SL20 Lukather set in my Strat. I plug into the FM3 and there's a slow ramp up in sound but it still sounds weak. If I turn the volume now it makes a weird noise, beeps and thumps and instantly goes to zero. Wind it back up, same thing, then a slow whoosh in sound level, but never to full output. Is this clipping? Is it noise gate? Is it something else? Can I even use my FM3 with EMGs? Pretty disappointed. If I plug my PRS with regular pups in, it works as expected.

I use EMGs with my FM3, no problem - don't have to pad. You didn't say if you tried with another amp?

Don't have an amp. I am thinking it must be the wiring. Have reached out to EMG. It's a pre-wired, solder less pick guard. Should be plug and play.

Back
Top Bottom