FM3 Edit

Johnboy10

Just downloaded FM3 Edit to play around with before I order the unit. I'm guessing I need the unit for it to work? as it does nothing.
No offline options

Yes unfortunately. You might want to watch some videos of it and read the Fractal blocks guide to see what is on offer.
Thanks for the reply. Downloading now. I wanted to see how well the FX III patched loaded in th e FM3

Thanks for the reply. Downloading now. I wanted to see how well the FX III patched loaded in th e FM3
They’ll load fine as long as there’s DSP enough and you’re using blocks the FM3 has. Like, don’t load two amp models, 4 delays, an IR loader, and an RTA, or max out the Axe III’s DSP and expect all this to load on the FM3.

In general, using the same settings and same IRs will yield pretty similar results. Not identical, but similar. There are a few parameters in the amp block and setup menu that prevent the tones from being indistinguishable, but you can expect a pretty close tone when you transfer from one unit to the other.

I have the FM3, which I love. I have owned it for about 1 year. And, I never would have tried Fractal if it wasn't for a lower-priced introductory unit like the FM3. I actually bought the FM3 for the effects. I did not expect to like the amp modeling as much as I did. Having said that, if I was purchasing now, I would buy the AxeFX-III turbo -- or at least the FM9. The increased processing power opens up so many doors to the highest quality reverbs, high-res IR renditions and multiple cabs and amps. I am always pushing 84% CPU use with the FM3 and wishing I had more. And that is because I like to run reverbs and IR's at the highest quality resolution. Many AxeFX-III patches will need to be pared down to run on the FM3. Anyway, that is my 2 cents -- buy the FM9, at least.

They’ll load fine as long as there’s DSP enough and you’re using blocks the FM3 has. Like, don’t load two amp models, 4 delays, an IR loader, and an RTA, or max out the Axe III’s DSP and expect all this to load on the FM3.

In general, using the same settings and same IRs will yield pretty similar results. Not identical, but similar. There are a few parameters in the amp block and setup menu that prevent the tones from being indistinguishable, but you can expect a pretty close tone when you transfer from one unit to the other.
Thanks so much.

I have the FM3, which I love. I have owned it for about 1 year. And, I never would have tried Fractal if it wasn't for a lower-priced introductory unit like the FM3. I actually bought the FM3 for the effects. I did not expect to like the amp modeling as much as I did. Having said that, if I was purchasing now, I would buy the AxeFX-III turbo -- or at least the FM9. The increased processing power opens up so many doors to the highest quality reverbs, high-res IR renditions and multiple cabs and amps. I am always pushing 84% CPU use with the FM3 and wishing I had more. And that is because I like to run reverbs and IR's at the highest quality resolution. Many AxeFX-III patches will need to be pared down to run on the FM3. Anyway, that is my 2 cents -- buy the FM9, at least.
That’s great advice. Thanks so much.

Back
Top Bottom