FM3 Edit for MacOS 15 Sequoia (Beta)

Red Clay

Is there an update for the FM3 Edit that's compatible with the Beta version of MacOS 15 Sequoia?
(Version 15.0 Beta (24A5279h)

Is there an update for the FM3 Edit that's compatible with the Beta version of MacOS 15 Sequoia?
(Version 15.0 Beta (24A5279h)
I'm running an OG M1 MBP 16" with Sequoia 15.0 Beta (24A5279h) and have had no issues with FM3 Edit v1.06.10 Are you having issues?

Yea I just updated to this beta MacOS and upon connecting via USB and running FM3 Edit v1.06.10, nothing shows up.
Says disconnected :/

UPDATE

I tried running the FM3 through a older Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7 and it still shows disconnected.

Any troubleshoot ideas?

FM3 Edit works very slow on MacOs 15 beta.
All of them do. Started on Beta 3. Looks like Apple has introduced a bug with Midi over USB. As you apply a change in Axe-Edit, FM3-Edit, FM9-Edit, communication gets wonky. You can see the Midi light on the Fractal device flickering like the connection is not good and the editor says connecting. Hopefully Beta 4 remedies it!

All of them do. Started on Beta 3. Looks like Apple has introduced a bug with Midi over USB. As you apply a change in Axe-Edit, FM3-Edit, FM9-Edit, communication gets wonky. You can see the Midi light on the Fractal device flickering like the connection is not good and the editor says connecting. Hopefully Beta 4 remedies it!
beta 4 does not remedy it. I also get no audio over USB through the axefx III - edited to reflect that sound is working now. assuming I hooked something up wrong the other day? in other news, I had fun getting everything working on my iPad with fracpad and Logic Pro

Last edited:
beta 4 does not remedy it. I also get no audio over midi through the axefx III
Do you mean no audio over USB? I’m still successfully using all my FAS devices as audio interfaces interchangeably. The Beta 4 actually was released initially as a new drop of Beta 3. It was a patch that was relisted as Beta 4 recently. I’ll probably submit a bug report to Apple with a System Diagnostic if not improved/resolved in the next Beta.

Do you mean no audio over USB? I’m still successfully using all my FAS devices as audio interfaces interchangeably. The Beta 4 actually was released initially as a new drop of Beta 3. It was a patch that was relisted as Beta 4 recently. I’ll probably submit a bug report to Apple with a System Diagnostic if not improved/resolved in the next Beta.
I did, but I can't replicate the issue today.

Last edited:
New Beta 4 drop today. Just updated and the latency issues in the editor (AKA Midi over USB) seem to be resolved. Not having the horrible latency every time I change a scene/preset or modify something within a preset. This is not to say it won't get broken again in a subsequent Sequoia Beta.

Back
Top Bottom