FM3-Edit connection timed out

Dryst08

anyone having this issue? i'm connected directly to my pc with a 3 meter usb cable. the cable works with my HX stomp.

any help would be appreciated. TIA!

Not me. What OS, firmware on the FM3, editor version, etc.

I’ve heard someone here mentioning a problem with some windows USB ports going to into suspended state and to disable that feature. Not sure if that’s your problem or not.

Not me. What OS, firmware on the FM3, editor version, etc.

I’ve heard someone here mentioning a problem with some windows USB ports going to into suspended state and to disable that feature. Not sure if that’s your problem or not.
Windows 10, 1.06 firmware, FM3 edit Version 1.01.10

Me too. I was just getting ready to post. I'm on a 2008 Mac Pro, El Capitan. When I launch FM3 Edit, it tries communicating for about a minute and then I get this:

"Communication time-out:

unable to complete the following communication request: Query device version : query_sys_info"

Tried switching USB ports. No luck. Will try restart, should have already done that, so sorry if it works ;)

Yup. Computer restart fixed it. Gotta love hanging on to a dinosaur computer/OS :)

So, sorry to bug y'all

thank you sir!. this fixed my issue it was pointing out to the wrong device. wish fractal makes it connected to the FM3 by default.
Cool. You’re back in business.

This can happen when you switch to a different USB port. FM3-Edit tries to connect to the old port, but there’s no FM3 there anymore.

I'm still running into this issue. FW 1.06 says it's connected in FM3-Edit but the connection times out. Tried different USB cables and ports to no avail. Tried going into setting/preferences and still doesn't work. Restarted PC and reconnected...Guess what? Still timed out. What else is everybody doing to get a connection?

Edit: Problem fixed..for me atleast
1. Disabled USB power saving
2. Uninstalled both driver installs.
3. Uninstalled FM3-Edit.
4. Restarted computer.
5. Re-installed both driver files
6. Re-installed FM3-Edit
7. Restarted computer again

I used Revo unistaller to really get rid of the remnants of the driver files and FM3-Edit files.
not sure if it's needed but it worked for me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom