FM3 - Crackling and Popping when used as USB Interface.

Leejean85

Hello, I did a search, and found some results, but I felt like it didn't fully address my circumstances, apologies if it has.

When I play through my FM3 and studio monitors, there are no issues, but recently when I'm using it as a USB interface, whether its in the DAW for playback, listening to music, or any audio task where audio is routed to the FM3 I get intermittent crackling and popping noises.

I've read from multiple places that this is USB issue,the technical nature of which I don't exactly understand, but my FM3 worked totally fine for a month, and then the issue suddenly started. I havent introduced anything new to the sound chain, not have any signal transmitting devices. It's still plugged into the same USB port.

Anyone with similar experiences? remedies? It makes recording impossible.

Thank you all in advance.

Hello, I did a search, and found some results, but I felt like it didn't fully address my circumstances, apologies if it has.

When I play through my FM3 and studio monitors, there are no issues, but recently when I'm using it as a USB interface, whether its in the DAW for playback, listening to music, or any audio task where audio is routed to the FM3 I get intermittent crackling and popping noises.

I've read from multiple places that this is USB issue,the technical nature of which I don't exactly understand, but my FM3 worked totally fine for a month, and then the issue suddenly started. I havent introduced anything new to the sound chain, not have any signal transmitting devices. It's still plugged into the same USB port.

Anyone with similar experiences? remedies? It makes recording impossible.

Thank you all in advance.
Been reported and supposedly fixed, now being beta tested, so hopefully soon.

Back
Top Bottom