FM3 Audio ( Mac bluetooth to AIRPODS ?)

teddis

Fractal Fanatic
I have FM3 connected via USB to Mac. FM3 Edit works fine.

I have a set of AIRPOD Pro's paired to this MAC. iTunes works perfect to the Airpod pro's.

I cannot figure out how to get the FM3 to also stream to the AIRPOD Pro's.

Probably an easy setting......but I have not been successful in settings. Any help appreciated.

MAC high Sierra 10.13.6 (
Latest FM3.

thanks !

I do not believe this is not possible without some extraordinary measures. Airpods only connect to the Mac and therefore can only receive audio from the Mac’s internal audio processing unit.

You can try using something like Rogue Amoeba’s Audio Hijack to route the USB in audio from the FM3 to the Mac’s audio out: https://www.rogueamoeba.com/audiohijack/ — it’s a big hack though and will likely introduce latency.

That’s unfortunately not how USB audio works. Even if it did, there would be unusable latency as Bluetooth audio has inherent latency. You don’t notice it with iTunes or YouTube playback because the computer automatically adjusts the delay so audio and video/visual are sync’d.

Audio via USB from devices like an FM3 (or any other brand) goes straight to DAWs or other programs, it doesn’t route to speakers or headphones through the computer. You’d need a rerouting program or something, or use a DAWs monitor button when arming a track.

So i need a daw to convert the usb to line in on the MAC ?

How would i then control the FM3...on the mac if I am using the USB port ?
sorry for newbie :)

Not a DAW necessarily, but you need something to turn the input around and send it back to the output. As Chris says, AirPods would not be suitable for this purpose anyway, due to latency.

How would i then control the FM3...on the mac if I am using the USB port ?
sorry for newbie :)
No, the DAW would enable playback over the output device you select, taking the audio from the FM3 USB as its input. Additional USB is not involved. But for real time playing this probably won’t work well due to latency of Bluetooth.

Note: DAW option only works if you enable software monitoring. Which, as everyone has mentioned, just adds to the latency.

thanks all....was looking for a completely wireless set up ( have Boss Wireless on pedal board)
thx

thanks all....was looking for a completely wireless set up ( have Boss Wireless on pedal board)
thx
understood, but tech isn't quite there yet. the Boss Waza line does have a wireless headphone setup, but it works with their app and their specific gear, so they've fine-tuned things to work that way.

with standard gear, bluetooth will have latency not suited for real-time playing. until there are general updates to bluetooth available to all devices, it probably won't work the same way as the Waza does.

thx

You and everybody else :). Note that guitar wireless devices, including Boss Waza headphones, are mono guitar signals. There really isn't a good low-latency solution at this time for stereo with audio quality that is comparable to bluetooth.

Back
Top Bottom