FM3 ASIO > Ableton : No Audio

dhankotb

Hi Guys,

I've been adjusting to using a DAW rather than my cabs and was using ASIO4ALL the last day or two, but wanted to switch to something that didn't restrict audio from other sources.

I tried FlexASIO but the GUI wasn't letting me get below 41ms, as in it would display as whatever I tried to set it as i.e. 2ms but would sound off/the same as the default where it'd display the 41ms.

Switched over to the FM3 ASIO but there's no audio coming out of the speakers. The audio is being picked up in Ableton but there's no sound coming out.

Any suggestions as to what I should be doing would be appreciated.
Cheers

[Edit]
For clarification; I'm using the FM3 plugged directly into the PC via USB. It's producing audio for the other two ASIOs. The FM3 ASIO has the lowest latency between them, and allows me to play back YouTube unlike ASIO4ALL, so it's preferred, but of course the lack of audio is slightly a problem.

[Edit2]
One thing I'm aware of, is that I can't select an output device in any of the settings while using the FM3 ASIO. Does this mean it defaults to using the unit as the output device, so I have to connect a cable from one of the OUT jacks directly to the speakers?

Last edited:
Yes. ASIO only allows one active driver at a time. Connect your speakers directly to the FM3. You can also monitor through another interface if you send the FM3's output signal to that interface via analog cables or SPDIF.

I was using an XLR into an interface about a year ago, but didn't want the extra cable running across the room or deal with the potential latency added by the interface so wanted to see if direct routing was an option first. Thanks.

ASIO only allows one active driver at a time.
Just to clarify, can I play other audio sources like YouTube while using the FM3 ASIO? It works with FlexASIO but the latency with that was too high.. I'm guessing due to it not being exclusive.

Just to clarify, can I play other audio sources like YouTube while using the FM3 ASIO? It works with FlexASIO but the latency with that was too high.. I'm guessing due to it not being exclusive.
Yes. Windows system audio is independent of the DAWs audio settings. It can use a completely different device if desired.

See configuration #2 in the recording guide for details.

Back
Top Bottom