FM3 as power source for Line6 Relay G50

Thought I'd chime in and offer an alternative solution that I've been using for a while now (don't want to risk my FM3 or FM9). I power my 9V devices (eg Line 6 wireless) using a USB power bank and Ripcord from MyVolts.com. Never had a problem with these. USB power banks (batteries) are so cheap these days and come in so many shapes and sizes that I pretty much have every 9V - 18V device attached to one using a Velcro strip and connected via a Ripcord.
Awesome! Most definitely a boost converter (the opposite of a buck converter) with an onboard USB connection.

This is a use I never considered!

BTW: Another option is to just use a dedicated 9V - 18V battery like the Harley Benton PowerPlant PowerBank+ MkII or JOYO Built-in 4400mAh Rechargeable Battery Guitar Effect Pedal Power Supply 8 Outputs 9V 12V (I'm sure there are others - I use a TallentCell NB7102 battery bank for my Spark practice amp). Oh, and there is the Joyo JP-06W ZGPW USB Power Converter and Noise Blocker Isolation Cable (similar to the Engl or Ripcord solution) .

Last edited:
BTW: Another option is to just use a dedicated 9V - 18V battery like the Harley Benton PowerPlant PowerBank+ MkII or JOYO Built-in 4400mAh Rechargeable Battery Guitar Effect Pedal Power Supply 8 Outputs 9V 12V (I'm sure there are others - I use a TallentCell NB7102 battery bank for my Spark practice amp). Oh, and there is the Joyo JP-06W ZGPW USB Power Converter and Noise Blocker Isolation Cable (similar to the Engl or Ripcord solution) .
This sort of solution is what I’m looking into.

The pass-thru charging on the H-B is really awesome. Often overlooked and such a nice feature to have.

Even more awesome is that H-B will dispose of your old batteries for free!

Another option is a small Buck Transformer Voltage Converter in series, located in the middle of the power distribution cable, to power multiple voltages from the FASLink connector (as long as total current draw remains under 1A, taking into account any changes in current draw due to differing voltages etc!).

I've powered both 12V and 9V pedals simultaneously this way with no issues.

12V - 9V Buck Transformer

If nothing mentioned before will fit:
Engl Powertap Portable. From my experience, good solution, if you would like to power one device or build a non isolated chain(it has 2 outputs, some websites metniones, that they are isolated, but they aren't). 400 mA max from each output.
Another interesting option - Voodoo Lab Pedal Power X4. 4 isolated outputs, 1A max for the sum of all outputs.
Advantage of both of this unints - default 2.1mm center negative power connectors. Both accepts 12v and gives you 9.

Back
Top Bottom