FM3 as Audio Interface for Tonex/Amplitube

RomanD

Hi Community,

I want to use my FM3 as an Audio Interface for Tonex or Amplitube for experimental purposes.
I get a really great tone from Tonex or Amplitube when i use an empty preset in the FM3 und USB3 as output but it has a massive delay >15ms and I couldn't figure out how to reduce the delay...when I reduce the buffer size in Tonex/Amplitube the delay gets better, when i increase the buffer size it gets more worse....but even with a buffer size of 32 there is a notiveable delay and 32 is the smallest value i can choose ...this is strange bc normally when i increase the buffer size with a true audio interface connected the delay disappears above 64...

any clues?

Last edited:
Are you feeding the Tonex into the FM3 then into your computer, or are you going to the computer, then back to the FM3 (which will add latency)? I'd think the best way to do it would be to insert the Tonex into the FX loop of the FM3 and use it instead of the amp block with the FM3 FX around it. So guitar into FM3, out into ToneX, back into FM3, out to computer, and monitor directly on the FM3 to avoid any latency.

Hi Community,

I want to use my FM3 as an Audio Interface for Tonex or Amplitube for experimental purposes.
I get a really great tone from Tonex or Amplitube when i use an empty preset in the FM3 und USB3 as output but it has a massive delay >15ms and I couldn't figure out how to reduce the delay...when I reduce the buffer size in Tonex/Amplitube the delay gets better, when i increase the buffer size it gets more worse....but even with a buffer size of 32 there is a notiveable delay and 32 is the smallest value i can choose ...this is strange bc normally when i increase the buffer size with a true audio interface connected the delay disappears above 64...

any clues?
If I read correctly, you're setting only the Tonex buffer. If you're using the FM3 with USB you should also lower the buffer size in the FM3.

Screenshot 2023-07-26 at 14.32.31.png

Back
Top Bottom