FM3 as an interface for a native plugin

rrhoads17

Inspired
I am trying to use FM3 as an interface for Amplitube 5 native version, but I just hear the clean guitar signal. I have the Fm3 set as the input device and I have tried all the different inputs and outputs.

Did you use USB channel 3 as amplitube input (direct clean input signal from your guitar, taken from the FM3 input stage) without any routing present on the FM3? As long as any signal is going through the FM3 signal path, you will definitely hear a clean signal. Use USB output 1/2 to listen to the Amplitube output. That should work.

Last edited:
To put what I wrote in practical terms:
• Choose an <EMPTY> preset on your FM3
• Choose FM3 USB IN3 as input and FM3 USB OUT1 / OUT 2 as output.

That works with the Neural DSP Abasi standalone amp I have on my Mac. I think I wouldn't use it anymore because the FM3 sounds 500x better, but at least I can provide some help :). Please also see the attached screenshot for further details.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-24 um 23.44.14.png

To put what I wrote in practical terms:
• Choose an <EMPTY> preset on your FM3
• Choose FM3 USB IN3 as input and FM3 USB OUT1 / OUT 2 as output.

That works with the Neural DSP Abasi standalone amp I have on my Mac. I think I wouldn't use it anymore because the FM3 sounds 500x better, but at least I can provide some help :). Please also see the attached screenshot for further details.

View attachment 77676

I have the settings above and get no sound into the NDSP plugin? It's like it's not recognizing any sound coming in from my guitar. Is there something that needs enabled on the FM3?

Assuming you've got your guitar connected properly to the FM3, DI input to the computer should be on channel 3. Make sure you're using the usb B port, and you'll need to monitor input to hear anything.

Assuming you've got your guitar connected properly to the FM3, DI input to the computer should be on channel 3. Make sure you're using the usb B port, and you'll need to monitor input to hear anything.
I'm at a loss.

The FM3 works just fine standalone and also in Logic. I get zero input into the NDSP standalone software. And yes it's using USB B port (FM3 Edit works just fine).

Maybe I got some bad hardware in respect to USB audio output? Though I can hear the test tone in my headphones from the FM3 from the NSDP plug ins. It seems to be an issue with seeing any DI/guitar output into my PC/Plug-ins.

SOLUTION! Putting this here for MacBook owners...please do the following to allow apps to use the mic:

1) Select System Preferences from the Apple menu.
2) Click the icon labeled Security & Privacy.
3) Click the Privacy tab at the top.
4) In the lefthand column, click on Microphone to manage app permissions.
5) Tick the boxes next to apps (each Individual Plug-In) for which you’d like to grant access to the Microphone.

Back
Top Bottom