FM3 as a dedicated audio interface for recording at home?

vejichan

Inspired
How are you recording your fm3 at home? Are you using the fm3 usb straight into your computer and recording or fm3 into another audio interface? Please share what you are using and how we xactly you are connecting everything. Thanks

I think this was discussed or asked already.

But OK.
Yes I use FM3 via USB into DAW (Reaper) and working great.
The samplerate is high enough for recording purpose.
Using Mac-Mini at home and Windows mobile workstation laptop at rehearsal room with Tascam 18 channel audio interface or FM3 into laptop.
FM3 direct into pc or laptop at home.
At home monitors and FRFRs connected to small mixer and Out of FM3 into mixer.
Depending of use and need I use the 2 different outs of the mixer to hear monitors or FRFRs.
At rehearsal room Tascam into PA mixer and FM3 to poweramp and 2 1x12 with Eminence Beta 12LTA.

Via USB into Logic. USB is nice because you can record a DI signal and the modeled signal simultaneously and then blend.

I don't see any advantage to running FM3 audio into a different interface.

When I first got my FM3 I was using a seperate interface that I already owned but I sold it not longer afterwards as it was totally unnecessary with the FM3. I've had no issues since using the FM3 as an interface into Reaper via USB. It's been rock solid.

I’m trying to use the FM3 as an interface to also use my Neural DSP plugins, but im not sure how to get rid of the dry guitar sound. I do input and output and can hear both the neural guitar tone and also the dry one. Does anyone know how to solve mute the dry sound in order to use a standalone plugin?

FM3 analog and digital out (wet + DI) into audio interface into Reaper.
Monitoring trough Studio Monitors or heaphones

I’m trying to use the FM3 as an interface to also use my Neural DSP plugins, but im not sure how to get rid of the dry guitar sound. I do input and output and can hear both the neural guitar tone and also the dry one. Does anyone know how to solve mute the dry sound in order to use a standalone plugin?
I remember this was discussed in the forum with a solution, I just have to figure out where!

I cannot find it, so I made a ckeck myself.

If you use the FM3 as interface only, you should "mute" output1 and adjust the buffer size according to the "lag" you perceive.
A screenshot for your reference (with this config I don't hear anymore the direct guitar sound, no matter what preset is loaded in the device)

Screenshot 2023-05-02 at 09.39.59.png

Back
Top Bottom