FM3 and QSC 12.2

Hi
I'm struggling getting a good quality full tonal range from my FM3 and QSC 12.2 . I find the sound on a lot of my presets in tinny and sharp sounding. I have experimented with cabs IR's and the high and low cut settings in the preamp tab in the cab blocks but can't seem to nail the tonal range of my normal guitar amp combos ( I have a Fender tone master)
I need high volume for the band I play in
Is there anyone ( other than Leon Todd who has assisted me previously ) who lives around the Perth Western Australia area that can help me--happy to pay for your time if required. I find the getting a good tonal sound very frustrating. Thanks

Unfortunately I’m no where close to Australia, but I use a pair of QSC K12.2’s and have no problem getting a great sound. Especially not what you describe. Sometimes I have to tame the low end and definitely volume is not an issue.

Is this your first foray into modeling and powered monitors (FRFR)? If you can find someone from your area to give one one help then that’s great, but that might be hard. If not, giving a little bit more detail about what sound you’re going for and the way you’re using the K12.2’s would be helpful. Posting a preset would help to get a fix on what you’re trying to achieve and where you may be going wrong.

When i use any of my K boxes with my AX8 i wack a couple of bits of gaff across the grill over the horn to kill some of that high end sizzle, seems to work

I use the K10 and no issues. Are you going straight from the FM3 to the K12 or are you being fed a signal from the mixer? And is your FOH tone ok?

This may sound weird, but how far are you away from them, and at what angle to them are you when listening to them? I’ve found that 2-way drivers with separated tweeters can sound harsh up close and often smooth out at a bit of a distance.

-Aaron

Besides the fact it seems the OP has gone missing, it isn’t made clear if he is using two K12.2’s in stereo or one and if he’s going direct from FM3 to K12.2(s). This could all be a case of improper mono setup and bad summing issues. Unwanted phase and comb filtering and stereo fx anomalies. The QSC’s K’s were darn close to plug n play. The only thing I have to do is when setting up for a quick jam on a wood floor is watch the bass and EQ it. I have a preset on the speakers for this.

Back
Top Bottom