FM3 and backing tracks

If you really have only an ipad available, no desktop or laptop, then I think you can't run the editor, or back up or update your FM3. Backing tracks are the least of your worries.

I'm not an Apple guy so I could be wrong, but that's my impression.
I know that! Thanks :D I only want to know how could I play a track trough the FM3 to jam over it!

Hi all,

Just got my FM3, read the manual and I've almost completed the Cooper Carter Masterclass (that I will have to watch again I'm sure!).

My understanding is that there is no way to turn off the USB audio playback from a laptop to Output 1 and only route it to Output 2. Can someone confirm that?

My goal was to have my floor monitor plugged to Output 1 without USB Audio so I could listen to all the presets while having backing tracks played thru Output 2 only via USB Audio. I thought I would get there by turning down the USB Playback Level for USB 1/2 but it only goes down to -40dB, which I can still hear in my floor monitor.

Thanks!!

Hi all,

Just got my FM3, read the manual and I've almost completed the Cooper Carter Masterclass (that I will have to watch again I'm sure!).

My understanding is that there is no way to turn off the USB audio playback from a laptop to Output 1 and only route it to Output 2. Can someone confirm that?

My goal was to have my floor monitor plugged to Output 1 without USB Audio so I could listen to all the presets while having backing tracks played thru Output 2 only via USB Audio. I thought I would get there by turning down the USB Playback Level for USB 1/2 but it only goes down to -40dB, which I can still hear in my floor monitor.

Thanks!!

Hi all,

I read again the sections in the user manual and can’t seem to find out how to turn down or off the USB audio playback from Output 1 when connected to USB (and route the USB audio playback only to Output 2).

Does anyone have an idea how I could get over this? My plan now would be to put my studio monitor in Output 2 but that would require adding an Out2 block on all the presets, which I tried to avoid for now.

Best regards to all!

Matt

Hi all,

I read again the sections in the user manual and can’t seem to find out how to turn down or off the USB audio playback from Output 1 when connected to USB (and route the USB audio playback only to Output 2).

Does anyone have an idea how I could get over this? My plan now would be to put my studio monitor in Output 2 but that would require adding an Out2 block on all the presets, which I tried to avoid for now.

Best regards to all!

Matt

Ok now it’s been 3 times that I quite myself!

But I came back since I found the response to my question here in case anyone need to do the same in the future:https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/output-2-setup.167926/

The simplest way to have backing track play for USB via output 1 and have a separate output for guitar monitor that doesn’t have the USB audio is to set Ouput 2 Copy to Output 1. This way I can try all the factory presets without having to put an Out 2 block on each and every presets. Quite useful!

Cheers!

Hi!
I connected my iPad to the FM3 in this way:
Fx return right into 3.5mm adapter connected into my iPad headphones out.
I inserted input 2 block into out 1 but I can hear the audio only through one monitor.
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom