FM3 - Add EQ to only the Right XL channel?

mortega76

Fractal Fanatic
Hi folks! I'm trying to set up my FM3 for live use with my Alto (cheap speaker, I know) which I've been trying to make flat via Global EQ. It helped a bit but when I compared to my IEM's it sounded closer just kicking up the Global EQ by 3db of high at 3199.9Hz. Previously I had recorded/matched pink noise to make my PEQ edits which gave some more clarity but lost a lot of my low end feel, that coupled with having to add the PEQ to every preset made me want to simplify things. I re-imported all default preset banks and I'm starting with one preset that I saved. Kicking up the 5th band of the Global EQ (and enabling the contour on the speaker) makes it jump out a bit more at least a low volumes, everyone is in Christmas don't wake up until 1pm mode.

My hope is to use the Output 1 XLR Left channel to the Alto and the Output 1 XLR Right channel to FOH. I want to apply the 3db of high at 3199.9Hz which seems to match my IEM. I don't want to have to setup Output 2 with the PEQ again, such a pain. Thanks in advance!

P.S. I did a search on the forum but didn't find anything like this...

Can't be done with the Global EQ. It always applies the EQ to both sides.

You could set Output 2 to 'Echo Out 1' and use that Global EQ for your Alto with the EQ adjustment only affecting Out 2. Out 1 (left and right if running stereo) to FOH/IEM, and Out 2 (left) to the Alto.

No changes to your presets needed. A separate Global EQ and output level knob for FOH/IEM and the Alto.

Thanks a bunch for chiming in! In your suggestion, don't I still have to input the Output 2 block in every preset? (I'm at work so I can't test) Or are you saying but Copying 1 -> 2, I don't have to do anything and it just sends audio to Output 2? That would probably work!

Thanks a bunch for chiming in! In your suggestion, don't I still have to input the Output 2 block in every preset? (I'm at work so I can't test) Or are you saying but Copying 1 -> 2, I don't have to do anything and it just sends audio to Output 2? That would probably work!
No need to add Output 2 block to your presets. If Out 2 is setup to 'Echo out 1', the identical signal is copied (echoed) to Out 2. But you sill have the ability to independently use each physical volume knob and Global EQ

The above is what I have done, use out 2. But if you were using the effects loop of the FM3 to use external pedals, that wouldn't work. You could probably get a graphic EQ stomp box and an XLR to 1/4" plug converter then put your EQ for the alto in that way if you really needed to use 1 side of the XLR out.

Back
Top Bottom