FM3 4.x Scene Revert and Channels?

DJD100

Power User
Hmmm, I was under the impression that Scene Revert should switch channels back to the default one once another scene has been selected, and the original scene is re-selected, is that correct?

1) FC3 Hold Setup: Effect/Channel Toggle/Pitch 1/Primary Channel D/Secondary Channel A.
2) Scene Revert: On.

3) Scene 1 = Pitch 1 off with Channel A as default .
4) Scene 7 = Pitch 1 on Channel D as default.

Steps:
a) Select Scene 1.
b) Select Scene 7.
c) Use FC3 Hold (effect toggle) to toggle Scene 7 Pitch 1 Channel to A.
d) Select Scene 1 a second time.
e) Re-select Scene 7.

Result: Expecting Scene 7's Pitch 1 on Channel D as default (supposed to revert to saved state?), but alas, Pitch 1 is still on Channel A?

Bug or operator error?

Thx...

Last edited:
Setting Scene Revert to ON means the scene should revert to it's saved state any time that scene is loaded.

Can you confirm it's actually the wrong channel or is it only a display bug?

Do you see this on the unit itself or only FM3-EDIT?

Setting Scene Revert to ON means the scene should revert to it's saved state any time that scene is loaded.

Can you confirm it's actually the wrong channel or is it only a display bug?

Do you see this on the unit itself or only FM3-EDIT?
Confirmed Unix-Guy, wrong channel (wrong audio), display correct (wrong channel displayed), for both hardware and FM3 Edit.

Second case...

1) FC3 Hold Setup: Effect/Channel Toggle/Pitch 1/Primary Channel D/Secondary Channel A.
2) Scene Revert: On.

3) Scene 6 = Pitch 1 off with Channel B as default .
4) Scene 7 = Pitch 1 on Channel D as default.

Via hardware Layout View:

a) Select Scene 7 (Pitch 1 should defaults to Channel D).
b) Using FC3 Hold change Pitch 1 to Channel A.
c) Select Scene 6 (Pitch 1 off, default Channel B).
d) Reselect Scene 7 (Pitch 1 Channel A is loaded).

Bug IMO (hope so anyways, wanted this to work etc...).

How are you selecting scenes? An FM3 or FC switch should revert to the saved setting. FM3-Edit or non-switch UI methods (scene select knob, nav buttons) will use the current state of the edit buffer.

Reactions: Rex
Thanks Bakerman, that explains it.

Our show is automated, so the work flow will be external MIDI calls the scene 7 via MIDI CC/Value, then I manually mess around and use FC3 to change Pitch 1 from scene 7's channel D to channel A, then external MIDI calls a different scene, and finally when external MIDI calls scene 7 again I need it to be at it's default channel D.

So, while external MIDI is a "FM3-Edit or non-switch UI method", it appears to behave as I need, with external MIDI calling scene 7, FC3 changing Pitch 1 channels, and external MIDI again calling scene 7 again results in Pitch 1 correctly loading with it's default channel D.

Thanks all, mystery solved!

The Non-Switched UI vs FC/External MIDI Edit Buffer differences was the source of confusion I was having, and it seems the FM3 will work fine for what we're doing.

Last edited:
Hey, it's in the FM3 manual LOL...

"SCENE REVERT Scene changes made in the display of the FM3, or via Fm3-Edit, remain in effect until you save them or discard them by loading a different preset. Changes made via footswitches or MIDI, however, may work differently, depending on a Global setting called Scene Revert. With Scene Revert turned on, Scene changes are discarded as soon as you load a new Scene."

...who knew?

Back
Top Bottom