FM3 4-CM issue [RESOLVED]

hi Everyone,

So the issue is resolved. The problem was using a TRS cable from the amp send to the FM3 return. When I put in a regular mono instrument cable everything works as expected. I wonder why this is the case? I have been using the tube amp with hx fx and there is no problem using TRS cables between the Send/Return. Is there a reason for this? Many thanks for helping me out here. In the end it happened to be a relatively simple fix.
If trs has the same signal in both lines, the balanced input will invert and sum them, resulting in white noise. Maybe...

It sounds like the TRS cable may not have actually been engaging the amp's FX loop, which is auto-switching on the Mark V 25. You could test this by swapping back to it and initially connecting only the end at the amp's FX send. If you still have sound at normal volume at this point, that would tell you it's not actually using the signal at the FX return.
In that case it should not work with my HX FX also correct?

I set this up today and it’s awesome! Amazing tones bypassing my amps preamp. I used a XLR to TRS and worked perfectly. My amp has a bypass switch for the FX loop so all good! Highly recommend this setup.

Back
Top Bottom