Flying with the axe fx

What's your experience flying with the axe fx (+ matrix)?

Would like to know if it can take a beating in a flight case.
In my experience, no matter how many "Fragile" stickers are on the case, those bastards couldn't give two f**** :)
Not sure about the US, but in Europe many companies are pretty tight on the 10kg limit for carry-on luggage.

With a 3U skb case axe and matrix were always in the cabin with me....flights in US, US to Europe and between US and Europe...check with you airline before though.

No, I have been taking my axe on flights but only as carry-on. MFC packed in checked suitcase among clothing and wrapped in blanket etc to have it well protected.
Over here in Asia they are often not too fuzzy about 1-2kg here and there.

but there been a number of threads here on the forum regarding travel with AXE-FX and from what i remember its either carry on or shock-proof. Perhaps others can chime in regarding check-in vs carry on experiences

Thanx, i've read all that before, did a search. Only one person in all that who said they checked in the axe, so I wanted to have more opinions. I know that it will be a problem for me, especially with lower-cost companies we always get that problem, they'll check everything to make you pay extra.

You can also backup your Axe and presets with fractal bot to an USB drive and rent an Axe where you are going to play - depending on where you want to go, there might be players willing to hand it over for a night.

I asked the same thing a couple of months ago. I'd still be interested in more definitive answers from people with first hand experience who have checked it.

In the last week I've flown from LAX(connection at SFO) to Japan for 3 shows, and then from Japan to Brisbane (with a connection in Singapore) for 1.5 weeks of shows. I'm using a Pelican 1560 to travel. It houses my AxeII as well as my ground control pro. It's not been a problem checking it. There's plenty of foam surrounding the unit, and my midi board. I'm really confident with this setup. If I was going to travel with any other setup. It would have been that Mono shoulder bag intended for a pedaltrain jr.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When I am on tour with Blind Guardian we are flying all around this planet, yes, the flight companies are very picky about the weight of your cabin baggage. And in many cases it is not 10 kilos anymore but only 6. If you want my advice, get a good professional case and check it in. This is what I have been doing since the middle of the 90s and nothing ever happened to my gear. Well, the case looks pretty worn but that's OK for me as long as the gear inside is fine :) And yes, I have my Axe Fx 2 in my rack, did a world tour like that, zero problems.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 7 mit Tapatalk

Looking for a small 4U rack to house an Axe FX, Wireless in Ear System, Interface and Power Conditioner that can fit into a slightly larger Pelican Case for air travel. The Pelican racks are super expensive, though I want a rack unit just so I can have the rig hooked up and plug and play for gigs. The Pelican case could have some extra space around the rack for foam and storage, so I'm just looking for the smallest lightest rack that basically just works as a holder for 4 units; protection not necessary. Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom