Fly By Night

Malvolio

Inspired
I guess I broke the forum, it must have been the 10 attempts to figure out the damn confirmation code, so here's my post again:

I unpacked my AxeFX Standard (firmware 7.16) today and was surprised to find a factory preset, Fly By Night, which causes a "Excessive CPU Usage" error. Why would the AxeFX not be able to handle a factory preset? Does that indicate a problem? Do other people get the same problem with that preset?

Malvolio said:
I guess I broke the forum, it must have been the 10 attempts to figure out the damn confirmation code, so here's my post again:

I unpacked my AxeFX Standard (firmware 7.16) today and was surprised to find a factory preset, Fly By Night, which causes a "Excessive CPU Usage" error. Why would the AxeFX not be able to handle a factory preset? Does that indicate a problem? Do other people get the same problem with that preset?

No problem. Over the course of the last year or so, there were many updates to the firmware. Sometimes, to improve things, the CPU load of a particular effect went up. The presets are not updated every time.

Regards,
Marco

This setting also gives me excessive CPU usage after I updated my firmware. I'm on a standard as well though...maybe I should have gone with the ultra :oops:

If the patch uses two cabs, try to reduce it to mono lores. The difference in sound will be minimal, but the cpu might thank you ;)

Back
Top Bottom