Floor Modeller, Wireless and IEM - and all on a small footprint ...

Jens973

Inspired
Hi all,

I am on my way to minimize my gear footprint ;-) I went wireless in terms of instrument and monitoring. My FM3 sits in a flightcase along with a 5 CH mixing console and the instrument wireless (not 9.5", Line6 G30). To not haul around so much gear I would like to bring everything in one case but right now I am out of ideas how to manage it and where to place the IEM which is a 9.5". Theoretically it should be in the flight case aswell, because the IEM will be fed by the 5CH mixing console output. The only idea right now is to buy a 9.5" 2U rack.

I would appreciate a lot to see/read how you guys manage it? Thanks!

My solution is a portable guitar wireless receiver and portable IEM wireless transmitter, both clipped onto my PedalTrain Jr. (which has a hard case).
7D451907-6578-4348-B822-DCBF4E540A91.jpeg

-Aaron

My solution is a portable guitar wireless receiver and portable IEM wireless transmitter, both clipped onto my PedalTrain Jr. (which has a hard case).
View attachment 106202

-Aaron
To be honest I am not yet understanding what I see in the picture, these Sennheisers bodypacks are one receiver and one transmitter? Which models are these? I use a Sennheiser IEM G4 which is 9.5".

L
To be honest I am not yet understanding what I see in the picture, these Sennheisers bodypacks are one receiver and one transmitter? Which models are these? I use a Sennheiser IEM G4 which is 9.5".
I have an IEM G4 system as well, but for the sake of space and laziness, I also purchased an SK 100 G4 body back transmitter that I use to send my IEM feed in mono instead of using the 1/2 rack sized SR IEM G4 transmitter. That is the bodypack on the left side in the picture. The other body back on the board is my receiver for my guitar wireless (which is really just a Sennheiser portable lavalier system with different cables). For the IEM transmitter I often use the FM3 as a mixer taking either mics or a board feed and mixing in my guitar, then I plug an out from the FM3 into my Sennheiser transmitter to feed my in ears. I also have a spare cable that has an XLR female jack on it for the IEM transmitter that I can just plug right into the board’s AUX send instead. Since the Transmitter is just clipped to my pedalboard it’s an easy swap if I just want to take a feed 100% from a mixing console.

-Aaron

Last edited:
L

I have an IEM G4 system as well, but for the sake of space and laziness, I also purchased an SK 100 G4 body back transmitter that I use to send my IEM feed in mono instead of the 1/2 rack transmitter. The other body back on the board is my receiver for my guitar wireless (which is really just a Sennheiser portable lavalier system with different cables). For the IEM transmitter I often use the FM3 as a mixer taking either mics or a board feed and mixing in my guitar, then I plug an out from the FM3 into my Sennheiser transmitter to feed my in ears. I also have a spare cable that has an XLR female jack on it for the IEM transmitter that I can just plug right into the board’s AUX send instead. Since the Transmitter is just clipped to my pedalboard it’s an easy swap if I just want to take a feed 100% from a mixing console.

-Aaron
Ahh, cool, I got it and learned :) I havent thought of that a bodypack rransmitter could feed the receiver instead of the 1/2 rsck transmitter. Cool idea, makes it really small !

Ahh, cool, I got it and learned :) I havent thought of that a bodypack rransmitter could feed the receiver instead of the 1/2 rsck transmitter. Cool idea, makes it really small !
Yeah. All the G4 stuff (and G3 stuff too) is compatible as long as you have the same frequency range model. So you can use the portable versions of things to save space…

-Aaron

Back
Top Bottom