Wish Flashing Save button

Burl Schnarl

I don't know about you guys but I always make adjustments to my presets, find something I really like, then I just start playing and get lost in the sound. After a while I click to another preset and I realize I forgot to save what I had just dialed in.
I think if the save button started flashing after a change was made would really help me to remember to save.

I get your wish. But If the Save light started flashing every time you adjusted a control, it would be flashing most of the time, and your brain would tune it out just as easily.

The real fix is to get in the habit of saving occasionally. Made some tweaks, but you’re not done tweaking? Save anyway.

I don't know about you guys but I always make adjustments to my presets, find something I really like, then I just start playing and get lost in the sound. After a while I click to another preset and I realize I forgot to save what I had just dialed in.
I think if the save button started flashing after a change was made would really help me to remember to save.
Turn on the 'Prompt on Edited Preset Change' in the Global Settings menu.

I get your wish. But If the Save light started flashing every time you adjusted a control, it would be flashing most of the time, and your brain would tune it out just as easily.
Yes. Remember when the Save light came on if you even changed scenes? Some of the comments were that people were getting desensitized to it at all. It would be the same here.
in the FM9-edit program there is a check box in preferences to prompt a save.
It's an option in the FM3 Edit as well. Not sure if he's editing from the unit or from the editor (maybe from the editor b/c he references "clicking" on a new preset).

Back
Top Bottom