Fizzy Factor FW ver 10

Johnnyh64

Experienced
https://soundcloud.com/johnnyh64/axe-fx-fw-9-vs-10

Here you shall find a comparison of what I believe is contributing to a lot of users experiencing the "Fizzy Factor". I used patch number #3 Deluxe Reverb, my global input levels were set at 35% or so with my EMG pickups. The first part is the result. The second half is of a patch that I created from that preset. It's just a lowered master volume (huge contributor), slight bass tone control increase, and decrease of drive.

The distortion in that patch sounds horrible as it is ONLY if you use a high output humbucker like the EMG's. I plug my strat in and it's not as noticeable.

Hopefully many that are experiencing labor pains with the new firmware can try tweaking a few parameters as I believe the guitar is a HUGE factor in the overall sound.

A naturally overdriven amp on the first part.. I don`t understand the problem. Any amp will change with the pickups and guitar. Real or Axe.... This (i hope) i common knowledge.
But it`s good that you put a note on this for those who are new to guitar, or just don`t think that the Axe reacts this way :)

As you say. Tweak a couple of parameters. Unless people can turn 2 knobs, they will be lost forever.

Just FYI: EMG are not very high output. I have tried a lot of passive pup`s that have much more output. Even the mid output DiMarzio AT-1 seem stronger than EMG. But that more due to the eq of the pickup.

Every preset has always needed to be adapted to your setup (mostly guitar but not only)... so having to adjust MV or other things does not seem to be a problem

Hopefully many that are experiencing labor pains with the new firmware can try tweaking a few parameters as I believe the guitar is a HUGE factor in the overall sound.

+1000. The Axe is extremely sensitive to the guitar itself and pickups used. Even more so in FW10 IMO.

Personally, I've had the best luck with balanced-sounding medium or low output pickups. I used to be a high output pickup type of guy but no more. Switching to lower output pickups has been a major ingredient in terms of finding my ideal tones.

1st part of the clip sounds like an amp maxed out and about to explode! What you are hearing could be the power tubes overdriving, the overdrive produced in the poweramp can be less desirable than preamp distortion, especially when the amp is cranked.

Spence

Back
Top Bottom